On the subject of summer sweets can not miss the sorbet without sugarwhose recipe is ideal are not for who is a diet, but also for those who love the unique taste of fruit and appreciate it in all its naturalness. Because, let’s remember, fresh seasonal fruit, in full ripeness, has no equal in terms of sweetness.
The dessert is versatile and its variations include many other ingredients including herbs, spices or even just chocolate. What’s better than a fresh and tasty sorbet to add a delicate note at the end of the meal? If you feel like stocking up on recipes themed read on.
Before moving on to the individual recipes, the characteristics of this summer dessert deserve a proper study, which we find in several menus throughout the year, especially during the festive period or in that of anniversaries and special occasions, as an interlude between the various main courses.
Unlike ice cream, sorbet is generally one vegan recipewhen it does not contain egg white, which is naturally optional, it is less caloric and is also more refreshing.
It is confirmed to be a spoon dessert without too many ingredients, made with quality raw materials, water and natural sweeteners, if necessary. It can be prepared with the aid of the classic ice cream maker, or with the support of a steel container.
A little patience is enough to get a creamy sorbet, soft, fresh and delicious. It is important to buy fresh fruit, possibly at some local producer, so as to reduce costs, also eliminating the environmental impact. Ideal for obtaining a healthy, ecological, vegetarian and zero kilometer sorbet. But also to prepare delicious fruit salads or tempting popsicles.
Sugar-free sorbet, recipes
Let’s move on to sorbet recipes, various and greedy to satisfy all tastes. Excellent as an alternative to sugar-free granita and suitable for any occasion, from a simple snack to dessert at the end of a meal. Generally speaking, to get a fruit sorbet without sugar it would be enough for you to just cut the fruit in pieces, then freeze it.
How do you eat frozen fruit? After a few hours, just blend it with a blender and enjoy it immediately. Otherwise you can always resort to the natural sweeteners available on the market, from honey to erythritol, and use them as alternatives to sucrose. In the first case you can also choose, in the absence of sugar, to add cow or vegetable milk to the fruit, such as coconut or almond milk, which will give a touch of creaminess.
Sugar-free lemon sorbet
It is a must among sorbets, its flavor never goes out of fashion and always puts everyone in agreement. To prepare the sugar-free lemon sorbet gather:
- 2 cups of water
- Juice of 8-10 lemons
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- Place the tray of the ice cream maker in the freezer. Add the water, honey and lemon zest in a saucepan and heat until the honey has melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until it becomes cold, it will take approximately 2 hours.
- At this point, pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and set your instructions to prepare the sorbet. Once ready, refrigerate it for a couple of hours, then enjoy.
- Alternatively you can get it without ice cream maker pouring the mixture into a metal pan and stirring every 20 minutes for about 3 hours.
Sugar-free peach sorbet
To prepare the sugar-free peach sorbet recipe get yourself:
- 500 grams of soft and ripe peaches
- 80 gr of erythritol
- 200 ml of water
- Pour the erythritol into a saucepan with water, then put everything on low heat and let it melt, stirring gently. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Separately wash the peaches thoroughly, remove the peel and pour them into the blender after cutting them into cubes. Add the dissolved erythritol, then blend several times until a smooth and full-bodied cream is obtained.
- With the support of the ice cream maker and its cold basket it is possible to work the sorbet for about 30, maximum 40 minutes. The finished product must be firm and creamy, to be served in a bowl with garnishes as desired.
Coffee sorbet without sugar
To prepare the coffee sorbet without sugar you can follow the classic recipe that includes water and espresso by replacing the sucrose with a sweetener of your choice. Otherwise you can use this recipe.
- 2 cups of coffee
- 250 ml of whole or skim milk
- Prepare the coffee, then transfer it to a jug to cool. Add the milk and mix well.
- At this point, transfer to an aluminum tray and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- After this time, you can pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and set the instructions.
- Or transfer to the freezer and, as above, stir every 20 minutes for about 3 hours.
Sugar-free strawberry sorbet
Il strawberry sorbet without sugar is one of the most loved. Strawberries are in season between late spring and early summer, but you can freeze them and if necessary enjoy them in the summer season.
- 450 g of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of fructose
- Prepare the strawberries: cut them in half or slice them before freezing them for about 2 hours. Then transfer them to a blender and let it work for about a minute.
- Add the other ingredients and continue to work until they are completely blended. Transfer the mixture to the freezer container and freeze for an hour and a half.
- Remove the container from the freezer and stir the sorbet to break up any frozen pieces.
- Place in the freezer and freeze until the mixture has solidified.
Here is a ready vegan sorbet.
Sugar-free pineapple sorbet
Also ideal as an interlude during a meal, the pineapple sorbet without sugar it is very easy to bring to the table.
- 1 large fresh ripe pineapple cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon of lime or lemon juice
- Freeze the diced pineapple after placing it on a tray. Transfer it to the freezer for at least 3-4 hours.
- Take it out and transfer it to the bowl of a food processor. Keep it at room temperature for 5 minutes, then blend. Add the lime or lemon juice and blend again.
- Taste and, if it should be a little sweet for your taste, sweeten to taste with a little honey.
- Transfer to the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour to allow it to solidify.
Thermomix sugar-free sorbet
If you have the most famous multifunction robot you can make a delicious one sugar-free sorbet with the Thermomix based on mango.
- 500 g of frozen mango
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 10 g of honey
- juice of half a lime
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Pour the mango and mint into the bowl of the Thermomix and mix for 20 seconds. Scrape the bowl and insert the butterfly whisk.
- Add the lime, honey and egg white if you use it. If necessary, wait for 5-6 minutes to defrost the fruit so that it is easier for the butterfly to work.
- Blend for 1 min / speed 3. Scrape the bowl and blend again for 1-2 min / speed. 3 until a smooth cream is obtained. Enjoy immediately.
How do you keep homemade sorbet?
The homemade one keeps just like the sugar-free sorbet from supermarket. In the freezer, preferably inside an aluminum container or, in any case, airtight.
From this you can easily transfer it to bowls or glasses by blending it further on the spot or, if creamy, avoiding this step.
Homemade sugar-free sorbet can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
How to serve sugar-free sorbet
You can serve it in the way that best represents you, perhaps with a garnish of toasted pistachios and chopped walnuts. Or with a sprinkle of coconut powder or a drop of liqueur. Chocolate flakes or crunchy muesli.
Lemon or lime juice can also be added to the ingredients for a sour but refreshing note. Depending on the taste you can complete it with a leaf of mint or basil.
Or with a dollop of whipped cream, if you don’t have a weight problem. The sorbet is an evergreen, it completes meals and helps the digestion. To do this, you can also enrich the flavor with a pinch of fresh ginger or ground cinnamon.
Source: GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!