In the morning, chewing rye bread or an apple feels laborious, the face is forced, the head aches and the shoulders are rocky.
The jaw joint may click and rattle and opening the mouth may be difficult.
Ear pain is also common, as the jaw joint is located near the ear.
Content continues after ad
Sometimes teeth are tender and whistling from hot and cold.
The content continues below the ad
Or the numbness localizes to the left upper teeth and it comes to mind that there is a hole in the tooth.
When the dentist feels the masticatory muscles, they may feel stiff and sore. Often, even the patient’s expression reveals a tenderness.
– Not everyone says directly that it hurts. Some eyebrows may vibrate or they startle and make an evasive movement, even when no force is used to palpate the muscles, says a specialist dentist Sari Ala-Hakkola.
The tooth just cracks
Biting disorders appear in the teeth in many ways, such as small microcracks. Places may crack. Someone is even shaking the bite.
– Many patients say that the tooth just suddenly cracked.
Some grit and knock their teeth together even during the day when an exciting or focused moment is at hand.
– Teething can be a similar automated, unconscious way to, for example, pen rotation. The symptoms get worse when there is a pluck in life.
The jaws start to chatter as we move from deep sleep to light and the muscles become activated. Or during the day, the pressures of working life are interpreted in the deep parts of the brain as a threat.
In this case, the body subconsciously tensions.
– However, the threats in modern life are completely different than when our nervous system has developed. The deep parts of the brain do not understand why the heart rate is accelerated and breathing is superficial, even though a person is just busy and tapping their last emails during overtime hours, says physiotherapist Petri Korhonen.
The back can also get stuck in the jaws
Many people do things literally by biting their teeth. While stress pulls your jaws stuck, it’s still just the other side of the coin.
Another important thing is muscle balance.
The masticatory muscles are part of the muscular membrane system that keeps us upright, and if the body cannot be supported properly from the middle body, for example, the masticatory muscles will rush to the rescue.
This is a poor method and can lead to overload of the neck, neck and occlusal muscles.
– Bite problems are often the result of how the body is used. In addition to stress, worrying and arguing, low levels of exercise and insomnia predispose to biting disorders, Korhonen says.
The stress system is also excited by stomach crunching or nicotine products and alcohol as they boost dopamine production.
Excitement away from relaxing
Dopamine is known as a neurotransmitter with an accelerating effect.
Indeed, smokers clearly have more bite problems than non-smokers.
– You should ask yourself what keeps your jaws active. As you learn to identify cause-and-effect relationships, you may also be more likely to influence the onset of symptoms.
Bite problems are rarely encountered at the reception, with the rest of the body completely relaxed. If there are problems in the lower back, the pelvic floor muscles are weak or knee pain hinders movement, hardly everything is okay even in the upper parts of the body.
In bite problems, the muscular system is often overloaded. Therefore, it is not advisable to exercise more muscles, but to calm the irritation.
– All things that relax also have a positive effect on the bite. Deep stretching and diaphragm breathing are good examples of this, says Petri Korhonen.
FIRST AID: Do not breathe air!
“Lips together, teeth apart” is a good memory rule, for example, when driving a car or working on a laptop. Teeth should only touch each other when eating and swallowing. The goal is to learn from the way teeth clenching strikes.
TREATMENT AND CONTROL OF FRESHNESS
- PURENTAKISKO relaxes the masseter muscles, reduces the strain on the jaw joint and protects the teeth from the damage and wear caused by squeaking. For some, the rail may stay on the bedside table because it feels uncomfortable. It is worth checking the fit of the rail regularly with a dentist. At its best, the rail feels so relaxing that a person waits to be allowed to put the rail in their mouth and immerse themselves in a book before falling asleep.
- PHYSIOTHERAPY is important in the treatment of bite problems and often Physiotherapists work with dentists. Physiotherapy uses muscle membrane treatment and massage, as well as relaxation and mindfulness-style exercises. Functional tinnitus can also be treated with physiotherapy. One problem area should not be “renovated” separately, as it only relieves symptoms momentarily.
- MEDICATION There is pain relief in the acute phase of pain, usually paracetamol or ibuprofen. Sometimes muscle relaxants, or muscle relaxants, may be used. If nerve pain medication is needed, the dentist can work with a neurologist. Some dentists also have special qualifications in pain management.
- BOTULIINI known as a depressant neurotoxin, but in small amounts and in skilled hands it is really safe. A botulinum injection relaxes the masticatory muscles. The effect lasts for 2 to 3 months, but after the second injection, snoring may be significantly reduced completely.
Experts: Sari Ala-Hakkola, Specialist Dentist, Oral Dentists. Petri Korhonen, Physiotherapist, Active Physiotherapy.
This article has appeared in Good Health magazine. As a subscriber, you can read all numbers free of charge from the digilehdet.fi service
Source: Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!