Stop systematic state violence against farmers!
Farmers, as producers of newly created values, have always been neglected and humiliated in society, especially by the state, which treated them violently and with a great deal of disrespect. She humiliated them at every step.
For years, this was tolerated by the farmers, who nevertheless showed dissatisfaction with sporadic protests, which did not bring the desired results. The state mostly made decisions and laws to the detriment of farmers. There are almost no positive examples in favor of farmers.
It has been fifteen years (15) since the borders were completely opened to the EU members, and the question is when and if we will enter the EU at all, while Hungary was negotiating the entry into the EU, and only after 4 years of entry did not open the borders, because thus protected its market and producers.
EU farmers receive from the state 300-600 euros per hectare and thus directly threaten the survival of our farmers, because they export food to our country dumping prices (below the cost price). At the same time, our farmers received only 4,000 dinars per hectare (34 euros), which 10-15 times lower subsidies therefore, in the conditions of very low prices of agricultural products, our farmers are very endangered and their survival hangs in the balance. This year is critical for the survival of our farmers. That’s why you need to act quickly.
- Excise duties for the purchase of fuel for farmers should be abolished as a matter of urgency.
- Incentives from the state must be in the right sense – essential incentives, so that in the conditions of open borders towards the EU, when there are no tariffs, levies and other protection measures, our farmers would survive and be as competitive as possible. Subsidies must be at least 300 euros per hectarewhich is the minimum for EU members.
We can say that we absolutely support the current protest of farmers from all over Serbia. This Government must realize that the patience of farmers has come to an end. We can no longer live in these conditions. Because with our work we cause the greatest damage to ourselves – consuming basic material substance. Due to the drastic increase in input prices and the same drastic decrease in the prices of our products, further work leads us to bankruptcy, and many have already entered the “death spiral”. Can’t all the damage done to us by the state be called – Economic Genocide ?!
The damage caused by last year’s completely unnecessary grain export ban, now, the state must at least partially help bought 200,000 tons of wheat. New crop at a price of 35 dinars per kilogrambecause we still have about a million tons of last year’s wheat in stock, which was not sold thanks to the state that rudely interfered in market affairs, and thus we lost long-term customers under contracts.
The cardinal mistake of the Minister of Agriculture was the introduction of E-agrarian in the middle of spring work and sowing. State institutions are completely sick and do not know how to work to solve the most basic tasks such as:
- Entry of new plots acquired after probate or by purchase
- Issuance of new farm numbers – to newly registered ones
- Entry into E-agrar is prevented even for those who have solutions and numerous seemingly small details that prevent entry into E-agrar and application rights, i.e. submission of requests for subsidies. Those who try to solve these problems drive them crazy, because they walk them from institution to institution and it turns out that no one is competent to solve these issues. A big problem is that the deadline for submitting requests is limited to May 31 of this year. In order to save many people with this dirty game of institutions, with the aim that the state does not pay many people the subsidies foreseen by the law on incentives this year.
We suggest extending the deadline for receiving requests for subsidies until the end of this year!
Attachment: We are sending you a letter that fully describes the current situation and how this government treats young farmers, in this case female.
That’s why we repeat once again – STOP SYSTEMATIC STATE VIOLENCE AGAINST FARMERS !!!
Authorized person – Jovan Negovan, on behalf of the Association “Pančevo Farmers”, the Association “Agrarian Forum” Pančevo and the Association “Civil Disobedience” Dolovo
Source: Agromedia by www.agromedia.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Agromedia by www.agromedia.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!