Spotify is back on a twist when it comes to the content it offers. If we already saw something similar when betting on the inclusion of podcasts, now it is the turn of something new on the platform, such as audiobooks.
Expanding the contents is not something exclusive to Spotify and thus, Tidal, for example, offers video clips in the application. However, it is certainly striking this movement of Spotify that has started a pilot test to know the acceptance of this proposal among the public.
Audiobooks on Spotify
The company is conducting a pilot test including some audiobooks on the platform. For now, the catalog is very small, almost anecdotal, having only nine classic audiobooks available from today.
The nine new books are well-known titles and there we have Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Charles Dickens’s Great Expectations and Jane Austen’s Persuasion. And to generate the voice of the readings, Spotify has again recruited some household names. So Hilary Swank gives voice to The Awakening of Kate Chopin or Forest Whitaker does the same with the Narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass. This is the full cast:
- Frankenstein of Mary Shelley and narrated by David Dobrik.
- Narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass, an American slave, written by Frederick Douglass and narrated by Forest Whitaker.
- Waking up, of Kate chopin and narrated by Hilary Swank.
- Cane, written by Jean Toomer and narrated by Audra McDonald.
- Persuasion, written by Jane Austen and narrated by Cynthia Erivo.
- Big hopes, written by Charles Dickens and narrated by James Langton.
- Jane Eyre, written by Charlotte Brontë and narrated by Sarah Coombs.
- Going, written by In the Larsen and narrated by Bahni Turpin.
- Red Badge of Courage, written by Stephen Crane and narrated by Santino Fontana.
Further, Spotify also includes a “deep dive” in each book by the hand of Harvard professor Glenda Carpio. Content that will be exclusive to Spotify and that will be accessible to both free users and those who use a premium account.
Although the idea is to bring this model to the whole world, for now this pilot test is limited exclusively to a limited number of countries, almost all of them English-speaking, such as the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Denmark.
Via | CNET
Source: Xataka Smart Home by feeds.weblogssl.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Xataka Smart Home by feeds.weblogssl.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!