Bvlgari Cities Special Edition 2020 presents the latest interpretation of the characteristic Bvlgari style. The city’s sporty, elegant watch follows the tradition of provocation, thanks to which the original model has been the paragon of ultra-luxury watches for more than 40 years.
The watches from this new collection are always inspired by one of the nine cities – Rome, Tokyo, Dubai, Paris, London, Ibiza, Milan, Mexico City and New York. At the same time, they are the popular cities of Bvlgari, which are among the favorite destinations of modern city adventurers.
Watches and graphic sheets
And to make the connection with the city deeper, each City Edition watch is accompanied by a set of twelve original graphic sheets from one of nine young talented artists, who were invited to share their own vision of these cities and their relationship to Bvlgari.
Cities Special Edition 2020
The new watch, designed for a modern urban lifestyle, has a steel case with a diameter of 41 mm with a DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) finish in black. The name of the city, which is the inspiration for a specific model City Edition, is engraved on the bezel, along with the inscription BVLGARI.
The watch is equipped with a mechanical automatic movement BVL 191 and comes with two straps that can be replaced: one brown leather and one black rubber strap. Thanks to its versatility, the watch is suitable for weekdays and weekends.
Cities & their artists
Nine artists accepted Bvlgari’s “cosmopolitan challenge” and created a portfolio of twelve illustrations for each new edition watch. Twelve-like indexes on the dial. .
- Rome – The city where the heart of Bvlgari beats has always been a source of inspiration for the style of this brand. Artist Iris Hatzfeld wanted to capture his fame, cinematic beauty, draw a palette of colors and textures with her fresh pencil drawing.
- Dubai – high-tech utopia and the capital of an avant-garde style sensitively reflecting tradition, is a symbol of the unlimitedness of the human imagination. To paint the city, artist Vincent Longhi used a graphic technique reminiscent of modern impressionism.
- Such – Bvlgari have always attracted the treasures of Tokyo. To capture the city’s high-tech façade, digital artist Faunesque uses state-of-the-art technology to make traditional elements look fresh and with a touch of futurism. Tokyo has a unique charm, it is like a magnet for modern city adventurers.
- Paris – which is home to its own distinctive lifestyle, is the opposite of Italian design and culture. To recreate this connection, the artist Jean Aubertin uses the analogy of Paris as the twin of Rome, which he paints with fine watercolor.
- London – Take the occasional stroll through the streets of London with Clémence Trossevin. Twelve watercolors as a silent English story rendered in green. Trossevin searched for traces of the shared passion of Bvlgari and Britain for gardens and India.
- Ibiza – became the cornerstone of Mediterranean luxury, a sun-drenched gem in the middle of the sparkling sea. The Mediterranean soul, deeply rooted in millennial culture, also shines on Bvlgari. Artist Manon Molesti evokes the turquoise water and electric nightlife of the island in his drawings.
- Milan – the capital of Italian design and innovation. The young architect Vincent Macquart painted a unique urban landscape full of architecture, colors and shapes. It combines low and high, modernity and tradition, big and small, and presents us with an urban utopia on the scale of high creativity that is typical of Milan.
- Mexico City – is like a rebellion of joyful colors, thanks to which it naturally complements the lasting love that Bvlgari has for strong colors. Artist Aline Zalko uses bold lines to capture the dynamic life of the Mexican capital.
- New York – As the capital of the pop art scene, New York is the spiritual home of the avant-garde pop plane of Bvlgari. Fashion meets film in the big city skyline of the Big Apple. In order to capture this electric charge of the city, the artist Natacha Paschal was inspired by fashion magazines and materialized her own ideas with rough brushstrokes.
Technical specification of Citise Special Ediotion 2020
- Caliber: Mechanical movement with automatic winding caliber BVL 191, hours, minutes, seconds. Power reserve 42 hours
- Housing: 41 mm diameter steel case with Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) finish and transparent back. Lunette with engraved name of the city. 18 carat rose gold crown
- Dial: Black lacquered dial with fine grain and gold indexes. Date stamp at the 3rd o’clock position
- Straps: Brown leather calf strap with a thorn buckle
Photo source: Bvlgari