The bicycle turned out to be the most traumatic means of transportation without a motor in Russia. Analysts of the VSK Insurance House came to this conclusion after studying the statistics of payments for injuries received as a result of a fall from a particular mobile vehicle. Bicyclists account for 70 percent of falls-related injuries, according to the company. Question of “SOYUZ”: have you ever fallen off a bicycle in your life?
Vladimir Ladny, cycling fan, Rostov-on-Don:
– Of course, I fell, and many times. I have loved cycling since childhood. I learned to ride and walk at the same time, and my parents and I rode bikes throughout the Rostov region. But when the youngest daughter Lida was born, and my wife decided that I should carry a child who was not even a year old on a bicycle seat, then I was seriously scared. But since I began to carry my daughter on a bicycle seat, I have not fallen even once. And the eldest daughter gave me a cycling jersey with the inscription: “While you are pedaling, you will not fall!”
Antonina Derevyanko, engineer, Baranovichi:
Bicycle is not my mode of transport. I have not loved him since childhood. With difficulty I learned to ride it. Once the brake jammed, and I had to literally slow down with my teeth on the fence. In tears, with a bruised face, she returned home on foot. But I was lucky: my teeth were intact. I remember this incident for the rest of my life and now I don’t get close to the bike.
Anna Lunina, employee, Samara:
– Fell. I rode in the summer on the Volga embankment. In the same place, vacationers with children ride a train. And I still don’t understand how this could happen, he was driving straight at me, I turned left to go around, and at that moment the driver suddenly did the same thing abruptly. The ship hit me. I fell, and the driver did not immediately understand that he needed to slow down, dragged me, crushed under a bicycle, a couple of meters along the asphalt. She got off with bruises and bruises on half of her body and a terrible “eight” on the bike.
Galina Pashkevich, town of Korelichi, Grodno region:
– I live in a small village. If you need to get from one end to the other, I ride a bike. There was such a case with me: a cyclist who was riding behind rammed me. Either he was just inattentive, or drunk. I fell on the asphalt, got bruises on my arm and leg. Fortunately, there were no fractures. This unfortunate cyclist only apologized. It took me a long time to recover my health.
Alexander Sedykh, CNC machine operator, Perm region:
– The last time I got injured was when I literally fell off my bike when I was young. The cause was a bike malfunction. I was driving along a narrow path, and suddenly a car taxied towards me. I tried to brake, but the cable broke off the brake lever. Then I made not the smartest decision – I stuck my foot in the front wheel. It turned to the fork, the leg jammed, the bike turned over with me. The result is a broken finger and a bent wheel.
Mikhail Solodyankin, People’s Artist of Udmurtia, Izhevsk:
– For more than a dozen years I have been going to the theater for rehearsals and premieres on a bicycle. Fall, of course, had to. The latter case even became the reason for the trial. At one of the stores, the administration fenced off the site with a chain, which was not marked in any way. Here I was in the dark and did not see the obstacle: I furrowed a few meters with my face, received serious bruises, a crippled bicycle. He sued and won, the money was enough for a new bike.
Pavel Surko, driver, Minsk region:
– I’ve been cycling for as long as I can remember. For me, this is not just a way to keep myself in excellent physical shape, but also a pleasure. I’m not afraid to fall. If you follow all the rules when moving, and also wear protection for your knees, elbows and head, then injuries can be avoided.
Want to know more about the Union State? Subscribe to our news on social networks.
Source: Российская Газета by rg.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Российская Газета by rg.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!