The development of the situation in recent weeks testifies to the intensification of hostilities by the Ukrainian army on the line of contact. Unfortunately, it is mainly the civilian population that suffers.
In an interview with researcher Eliseo Bertolazi from Milan, the Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic Denis Pushilin spoke about these victims, about the children who died.
– How many children have already died at the hands of the Ukrainian army in the DPR and LPR during the years of the conflict? How many became disabled, left without parents?
– Since the beginning of the armed conflict in the Donetsk People’s Republic, 91 children have died. In the Luhansk People’s Republic, as stated by the Head of the LPR Leonid Ivanovich Pasechnik, 35 more children died. That is, a total of 126 children died.
In total, 268 children suffered as a result of the conflict, 27 of them were disabled as a result of being hit by shells from the armed formations of Ukraine. Another 58 children were left orphans, having lost their parents as a result of this conflict.
Of course, this is a terrible figure. This is a ruined children’s world. This is the personal tragedy of each of these children …
– Do children continue to die now?
– Unfortunately, we have to admit: the war is not over, Ukraine is using more and more new methods of waging war, committing war crimes. For example, in early April, a shell was dropped from a Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicle, and a child died near Yenakiyevo in the village of Aleksandrovskoye.
It is difficult to say what goal Ukraine was pursuing, there were no military installations there. In fact, the shell was dropped into the courtyard of a residential building. Alas, this is what is happening now directly within the framework of the conflict.
Of course, there are also wounded. In Donetsk, an 11-year-old girl was also wounded this year.
– Recently, Ukrainian troops captured the village of Staromaryevka, where women and children live. What is their fate?
– Indeed, Ukraine at the moment, committing all sorts of crimes, crossed the next line, and literally treacherously captured the settlement of Staromaryevka. Why? Because this settlement is located on the very line of contact, and no armed forces should be stationed there. These are the agreements.
Nevertheless, throughout this period, the Donetsk People’s Republic supported the settlement, providing all kinds of services. The village is home to about 180 people. Moreover, when Ukraine captured Staromaryevka, people at risk to their lives contacted us, reported that the Ukrainian units forbade them to leave their homes, took away the passports of the Donetsk People’s Republic, the passports of the Russian Federation, removed the numbers of the DPR from the cars – our numbers.
In fact, this is terrorizing civilians, which is prohibited by the relevant conventions. That is, Ukraine stops at nothing, and at the moment we can say that people are being held hostage.
For our part, we are taking measures, in particular, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Donetsk People’s Republic has attracted international organizations, namely the International Committee of the Red Cross. Food was brought to the people, because there was already a problem with that. Coal for heating was also delivered.
This is what we have today.
– Is the leadership of the DPR, the relatives of the killed and injured children trying to bring the leadership of Ukraine to justice in European and international courts?
– The General Prosecutor’s Office of the Donetsk People’s Republic has opened more than 2,000 criminal cases on war crimes committed by Ukraine. Those who directly issue orders are personally known. In addition, about 6,000 applications have already been submitted to the European Court of Human Rights. Another 3,000 applications were sent to the International Criminal Court.
This summer, some of the applications to the ECHR were returned for revision. At the moment they are being finalized. There is time until the end of the year for more complete data from the applicants to go to the ECHR.
That is, the work, even if not as fast as we would like, is still being carried out. And here there is also a certain hope that justice will be restored.
Also known is the terrible story of how our compatriot Anna Tuv suffered. She lost her husband and 11-year-old daughter as a result of shelling by the armed formations of Ukraine, two younger children were injured. She herself lost her hand, And this year, in May, she had the opportunity to speak at an informal meeting of the UN Security Council and talk about her fate, to reach out to the world community.
Unfortunately, not everyone wants to hear, not everyone wants to understand and realize what Ukraine is doing, why war crimes continue, why there is no due assessment from the international community. Alas, even the story that happened to Anna Tuv, unfortunately, does not touch them.
In the case of Anna Tuv, we certainly did our best to make this story possible for her to tell on different platforms. She gave interviews more than once to foreign media, she performed in different countries.
Moreover, Italian charitable foundations, as well as some political circles, nominated her for the Nobel Peace Prize.
One thing remains to be said here: the war will not stop until the international community, or rather the leaders of world and significant countries, the leaders of different countries recognize that Ukraine is now committing war crimes and condemn it.
– We know the story of Anna Tuv very well. We in Italy helped this girl a lot.
– For this, a special thanks to you.
– This girl is always in our hearts.
Did the Ukrainian authorities make any apologies to the relatives of the dead children, wounded, left without parents?
– The answer is short: there is no apology, there is no regret, there is no remorse. Ukraine continues to commit, under a plausible pretext, the series of crimes that began in 2014. The softest, probably, that we have already heard from the new President Zelensky is that we must collect our things.
Citizens who live here must abandon their homes, must abandon their land, abandon the graves of their ancestors and leave somewhere.
That is, in fact, the hidden subtext in this message from the President of Ukraine was the statement that if we do not leave, they will continue to shoot at our houses, destroy our infrastructure, they will shoot at residential areas. This is what we see from the side of Ukraine.
– Does Ukraine provide any assistance to the victims, orphaned children, whom it considers its citizens on the territory of Donbass?
– There is absolutely no help. Moreover, Ukraine is doing everything possible to ensure that pensions are not paid to the elderly. Although these pensions are not a right of Ukraine, but an obligation of Ukraine, because pensioners, when they were still working, paid this to the state.
But Ukraine in every possible way makes it almost impossible to receive well-deserved funds.
To say that they somehow help, atoning for their crimes, alas, is also not necessary, and, probably, few people hope for this.
– What should the world community do to prevent the children of Donbass from dying and suffering anymore?
– The world community should realize what is happening in the territory of Donbass for the eighth year already. And there is aggression on the part of Ukraine. This must be recognized, it must be publicly condemned, all possible steps must be taken to make it economically impossible even for Ukraine. Because now exactly the opposite is happening, unfortunately, on the part of the world community.
And the world community, in particular the guarantor countries Germany, France, by their indulgence or their silence, or lack of condemnation, help Ukraine and push it, and untie Ukraine’s hands in terms of committing war crimes.
Until the situation changes, until there is condemnation, the war, alas, will continue.
– Thank you very much for the interview.
– Thank you.
– We hope that the situation in Donbass will change soon.
– We are waiting for the world.
See also: Putin opened the Russian market for Donbass: what it means and what to expect
Source: Русская весна by rusvesna.su.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Русская весна by rusvesna.su. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!