More and more families with children are applying for help for the summer holidays in the form of a financial subsidy or a free holiday stay.
At the organization Dansk Folkehjælp, which sends families with children on free holiday stays, they have experienced an increase in the number of applications of 25 percent since last year.
This is stated by the organization.
12,820 families with children applied for help this year. Last year the number was 10,232, and if you go back to 2019, it was just 3,946 who applied for holiday assistance – that is, less than a third of the number for this year.
– It has simply become more expensive to be a family in Denmark, says secretary general of Danish People’s Aid Mirka Mozer.
– There is a clear and distinct lag behind inflation, and food prices have risen. You feel this if you are already in a stressful financial situation.
For the organization, it has been far from possible to comply with the high number of applications.
1,076 families received holiday aid – that is, just over one in 13 applications – and that upsets Mirka Mozer.
– We do what we can within our framework. But this reflects a greater inequality that something should be done about politically, she says.
For the families who receive help, however, it can be an important experience that they would not otherwise have had the opportunity to have, she explains.
– This means that they have the opportunity to have a holiday together, to be together and have a break from a really stressful everyday life for many, says the general secretary.
– For the children, this means that they can be with their parents and create some good holiday memories.
The organization Mødrehjælpen, which provides a cash grant to families with children, has also experienced an increase in the number of applications. That’s what Politiken writes.
Last year, the organization received 3,265 applications from families. This year, Mødrehjælpen already received as many applications within the first 24 hours when applications were opened as over the entire summer last year.
Source: Kristeligt Dagblad – Latest articles. by www.kristeligt-dagblad.dk.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Kristeligt Dagblad – Latest articles. by www.kristeligt-dagblad.dk. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!