Should I declare a home that I have rented to one of my children?


  • I am going to rent a house to my son and I would like to know how I have to declare this in my personal income tax.

And at assignment of the home to the child is made without a contract (that is, simply letting them live on our property), they must be taxed for said dwelling according to the imputation of real estate income. For this, the following must be met requirements:

  1. That the home is not affected by any economic activity
  2. not generate income
  3. That it does not constitute the first home of the taxpayer, that is, of you

As usual, the imputed income will be 2% of the cadastral valuealthough “properties whose cadastral values ​​have been reviewed, modified, or determined through a general collective valuation procedure” in the previous 10 tax period will have an imputed income of 1.1%.

If you decide to formalize the assignment with a lease, you must declare in your personal income tax the net income you receive from said lease. The expenses necessary to obtain it are tax deductible, as well as the amounts allocated to the amortization of the property (Interest on foreign capital invested in the acquisition of the property, services or supplies paid by the lessor, repair or conservation expenses, taxes and surcharges not plus state fees and surcharges, etc.).

*The answer has been prepared by the law firm Echeandia & Alevito:

Source: LA INFORMACIÓN – Lo último by

*The article has been translated based on the content of LA INFORMACIÓN – Lo último by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!