Seat Arona and Ibiza, two special series that help clean up the seas

Eco-sustainability and circularity these are the words that guide many car manufacturers, committed to finding solutions to make their models more and more “green”. We go a lot from engines electrified or electric, of course, but not only. The materials used for the bodywork and interior also play an increasingly important role.

Hence the birth of the special Marina Pack series dedicated to Seat Arona e Ibiza, characterized by the use of a special material for the seat covers. Is called Seaqual Yarn and is made from recycled plastic.

From the sea to the car

Created by Borgers (company part of the giant Autoneum), thanks to the collaboration with various NGOs, fishing organizations, local authorities and communities, uses plastic fished out of the sea. After having cleaned it, it is transformed into polyester filaments, to be used in different fields, from clothes to fabrics for car seats. In total, Seaqual Yarn contains about 10% of plastic from marine waste (Seaqual Marine Plastic) while the remaining 90% is recycled PET from land sources.

Seat Arona Marina Pack

Seat Arona Marina Pack, the interior

As regards the Seat Arona and Ibiza Marina Pack, the material is, as mentioned, used for the upholstery of the seats while for the rest of the range it will be used for the floors and mats.

The special SUV and small versions of Seat will be produced starting from June 2023, the list price and the engines to which they will be combined are not yet known.

Projects such as the use of recycled materials not only help the company achieve its goals, but also contribute to the continued cleanliness of our seas, rivers and oceans” commented Werner Tietz, Executive Vice President for Research and Development of Seat and Cupra .

Seat Ibiza Marina Pack

Seat Ibiza Marina Pack, the interior

Source: Italia – News by

*The article has been translated based on the content of Italia – News by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!