Company Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. presented new products at a virtual press conference, organized within the most important international consumer electronics fair CES 2021, and showed that it continues to innovate by creating solutions that are flexible, connected and use artificial intelligence, to make everyday life flawless.
„Our world looks different and we are faced with a new reality – one in which the home gained much more importance“, He pointed out Sebastijan Seung, President and Head of Samsung Research, Samsung Electronics SET’s Advanced Research Center, a leader in future technology development. “Our innovations are designed to provide more personal and intuitive experiences that express your personality. We strive to introduce you to the next generation of innovations for your better tomorrow, with artificial intelligence (AI) as the primary driver“, He added Sebastian Seung.
Creating a more intimate and personalized user experience
As people spent more time at home last year, the technology they wanted became what they needed. Relying on this technology, people have realized in what ways connected solutions can make life easier. TVs are important for entertainment – but also for fitness. Chromebooks have become key tools for learning at home. Smart refrigerators have helped in shopping and preparing meals remotely. A smartphone has become a necessity.
Samsung’s continuous investment in innovation, which adapts to different lifestyles, allows it to keep pace with rapid change. The key innovations presented by this company include:
- Samsung Bespoke 4-Door Flex frižider: latest version Refrigerator restlessness contains changeable panels that can be found in multiple colors and of different materials, allowing consumers to customize their refrigerator to a specific shape and function. The new four-door model, available in North America as of this spring, also features a brand new Beverage Center ™, which provides quick access to a water dispenser and an automatically filling water jug. The refrigerator also has a double ice maker, which makes not only ordinary ice cubes, but also “crumbs”, which corresponds to different preferences for cold drinks.
- 110-inch MICRO LED: this new screen features self-illuminated inorganic LEDs with an Infinity screen design with a very thin frame, which seamlessly blends in with the living space. The result is a spectacular viewing experience with stunning image quality. 110-inch MICRO LED screen has a “4Vue” (four-way display), or a four-way viewing option – so you can follow multiple sports at once or stream a tutorial while playing video games.
- Lifestyle televizori: Samsung’s state-of-the-art line of TVs includes The Serif, The Frame, The Sero and The Terrace, as well as the recently launched 4K QLED outdoor TV, then Samsung The Premiere – a 4K cinema-like laser projector.
- SmartThings Cooking option: Samsung’s new service – SmartThings – is designed to make your culinary skills flawless. The automatic meal planner powered by Whisk’s Food AI recommends meals for the whole week, makes shopping lists with the ingredients you need and sends messages to food retailers using the Family Hub ™ refrigerator or via mobile phone. Recipes can be sent directly to synchronized Samsung cooking appliances to reduce the possibility of error.
- Samsung Health Smart Trainer on Samsung TVs for 2021: Samsung Health turns your home into a personal gym, and the new Smart Trainer feature monitors and analyzes your body position in real time, just like a personal trainer. During and after your workout, Smart Trainer provides form feedback, helps you count reps, and estimates calories burned. With video and interactive training provided by Bixbi voice assistant, the Samsung Health Smart Trainer enhances and personalizes the exercise experience at home.
Introduction of artificial intelligence and robots in everyday life and household maintenance
Samsung has long been a leader in artificial intelligence and robotics innovation, and uses its seven global AI research centers to advance technology. By introducing AI into its products, Samsung is creating new experiences at home – from washing machines that optimize water consumption, detergent and washing cycles, to a TV with a Quantum AI processor that can enhance HD content to flawless 8K resolution.
The main technologies presented at the press conference include the following:
- JetBot 90 AI +: this new vacuum cleaner uses object recognition technology to identify and classify them, thus arranging a cleaning path. LiDAR and 3D sensors enable the vacuum cleaner JetBot 90 AI + to avoid cables and small objects while still cleaning hard-to-reach corners in your home. It is also equipped with a camera, so it is integrated with the SmartThings application and helps to view the house.
- Samsung Bot™ Care: the latest innovation in Samsung’s growing line of robotics that is under development, Samsung Bot ™ Care is designed to use AI to recognize and respond to your behavior. He will be able to be both a robot assistant and a companion, who will take care of the details in your life. He will also teach you your schedule and habits and send you reminders to help you throughout the day.
- Samsung Bot ™ mobile phone: it is also in the development stage, and will rely on advanced artificial intelligence that recognizes and collects objects of different sizes, shapes and weights, helping you work around the house. Samsung Bot ™ Handy will be able to differentiate the composition of items, using the appropriate force to grab and move them, so it will be your reliable partner in household chores, such as cleaning messy rooms or arranging dishes after a meal.
With a vision for the future, Samsung is also developing other tangible applications of AI technologies in everyday life. Samsung continues to upgrade its Samsung Bot ™ Retail, which would be a guide in retail facilities, and GEMS, Samsung exoskeleton, medical assistant on the go. These innovations enable robots and robotic devices to coexist with humans, improve their lives, and cater to different lifestyles and different environments.
Technology for a better future
At the CES 2021 press conference, Samsung shared the brand’s vision of how technology can enable progress and create a better tomorrow. A sustainable future requires a wide range of investments, which is why Samsung is focused on the three key areas that will benefit most from technological innovation: sustainability, education and affordability.
“We are always looking for ways to build a better, sustainable future. “Focused on the environment, people and society, we will continue to provide our consumers with responsible tools and technologies to address today’s challenges and a better future,” he said. Sandip Rana, senior manager, environmental sustainability specialist at Samsung.
As part of its commitment to creating a circular economy, Samsung is developing packaging programs and solutions that promote a sustainable product life cycle:
- Galaxy Upcycling at home: An update to this program has been announced, which extends the life cycle of the older Galaxy phone and offers consumers the option to change the purpose of their device in order to create a series of suitable IoT tools.
- Eco-friendly TV packaging: Samsung has announced that the concept of eco-packaging will be extended to QLED, UHD TV, monitors and audio products in 2021. As part of its ongoing commitment to environmental awareness, Samsung will produce environmentally sustainable products, such as the new one Solar Cell remote control made in part from recycled plastic, which can be charged with solar or indoor light, thus reducing battery consumption.
Believing that future generations will play a crucial role in creating a sustainable future, Samsung has given priority to technology education through the program. Samsung Solve for Tomorrow, which encourages young people to creatively use technology to address community challenges and Samsung Innovation Campus, which helps students develop technical and personal skills for future jobs.
To make its products more accessible to all, Samsung is developing the SeeColors Application, which helps visually impaired people adjust settings on their QLED 2021 TVs for better viewing, and the sign language zoom feature on TVs helps hearing-impaired people enjoy watching television.
Realizing the challenges in striking a balance between our digital and analog lives, Samsung has introduced the Digital Wellbeing feature, designed to help people take control and manage their digital time.
For more information, pictures or videos about the products announced by Samsung at CES 2021, visit: http://news.samsung.com.
 Available in the SEAD region from the second half of 2020
 Available features vary by region and product
was last modified: by
*The article has been translated based on the content of ITNetwork by www.itnetwork.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!