Today, Samsung presented its vision for the future during a digital press conference at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show.
The new products show continuous innovation through flexible, intelligent and connected solutions that use AI to understand and make people’s everyday lives easier.
– Our world looks different today, which has meant a change for many and the home has thus become more important. Samsung’s innovations are designed to provide more intuitive experiences for our consumers and create more opportunities to express one’s personality. We are working hard on the next generation of innovations, where AI is the starting point for a better everyday life, says Sebastian Seung, President & Head of Samsung Research.
More personal user experiences
As more people spend more time at home, it became clear last year that technology was becoming even more important. Many more people were forced to rely on technology and discovered how connected solutions can make everyday life much easier. TV has been crucial for information and entertainment – and for many, TV has also played a significant role in training at home. Laptops have served as an important tool for distance learning and smart refrigerators helped with remote shopping and cooking. Smartphones have also played an even more important role in our daily lives.
Samsung’s investments in innovations, adapted to different needs, are constantly evolving and allow it to adapt to rapid change. During the press conference, Samsung presented several unique innovations:
- Samsung Bespoke, combined fridge and freezer: Last year, Samsung launched its unique refrigeration and freezing series Bespoke, which can be adapted to any consumer’s home through the ability to choose the color and texture of the front panels. In addition to the models with a door that were launched last year, there is now a new model that combines refrigerator and freezer in one. At present, users can choose from four different colors for the Bespoke series, but in 2021 the color Satin Graphite Gray will be added as well. All five colors will be available for both 1-door cabinets and combined cabinets. The combined freezer and refrigerator will be launched on the Nordic market in the second quarter of the year.
- 110” MICRO LED: Samsung’s new LED-based screen is developed with pixels of an inorganic material that creates its own light and is almost borderless through Samsung’s Infinity-skærmdesign. The result is a spectacular immersive viewing experience with amazing picture quality. 110 “MICRO LED also has the function”4Vue“(Quad View), which makes it possible to divide the screen into four 55” screens, so that the user can view content from four different sources simultaneously. MICRO LED is expected to be introduced in the Nordic region in the first quarter of 2021.
- Lifestyle TV: Samsung’s groundbreaking lifestyle TV series includes The Serif, The Frame, The Sero as well as The Premiere and The Terrace, which were unveiled last year. The Terrace is a 4K QLED TV adapted for outdoor use and The Premiere is Samsung’s new laser projector, which offers the user a cinema experience in their own home.
AI and robots in everyday life
Samsung has long been at the forefront when it comes to AI and robot innovations. By integrating AI technology into its products, Samsung creates new home experiences for everything from washing machines that optimize water consumption, detergents and wash cycle to TV with A far-processor, which can upscale HD content to sharp 8K resolution.
At Samsung’s press conference, the following AI innovations were presented:
- JetBot 90 AI +: This new robot vacuum cleaner uses Object Recognition-technology to identify and classify objects to determine the best cleaning path. LiDARAnd 3D sensors allow the JetBot 90 AI + to avoid cables and small objects while still cleaning difficult corners of your home.
- Samsung Bot Care: The latest innovation in Samsung robot technology is designed to use AI to recognize and respond to your behavior. It will be able to act as both a robot assistant and companion to help take care of the details of your life. It can also learn your schedule and habits in order to send you reminders to help you through your busy day. Samsung Bot Care is currently under development.
- Samsung bot cell phone: Builds on advanced AI, to recognize and pick up objects in different sizes, shapes and weights and becomes an extension of yourself that helps you clean the home. Samsung Bot Handy will be able to know the difference between different materials and then adjust to the appropriate amount of force to grab and move around objects. As a reliable partner, it helps with housework such as. to tidy up a cluttered room or sort the dishes.
Looking to the future, Samsung is also working on developing more concrete applications of AI technology that can make everyday life easier. Samsung continues to build on its health-focused exoskeleton, GEMS, which acts as a mobility aid, and Samsung Bot Retail, which will guide users outside the home in environments such as shops.
Technology for a better future
Samsung concluded its press conference by sharing more about the brand’s vision of how technology can enable progress and create a better future for all. Samsung believes that there is no single all-inclusive solution; a sustainable future requires investment across a broad spectrum. Therefore, Samsung is focused on three key areas that are ready to take the most advantage of technological innovation: sustainability, education and accessibility.
– At Samsung, we are always looking for ways to build a better and more sustainable future. With a focus on the environment, people and society, we will continue to provide our consumers with responsible tools and technologies to tackle the challenges we face today and create a better future for all, says Sandeep Rana, Senior Manager & Environmental Sustainability Specialist at Samsung.
As part of its commitment, Samsung develops software and packaging solutions that promote a sustainable product life cycle:
- Galaxy Upcycling at Home: An update within the Galaxy Upcycling program. The news aims to extend the life cycle of Galaxy devices and gives consumers expanded options on how to use old products to create a range of practical IoT tools.
- TV Eco Packaging: Samsung’s work with environmental packaging will be expanded in 2021 to include QLED, UHD, display and audio products. As part of an ongoing commitment to environmental awareness, Samsung creates products and solutions with sustainability at the center. For example, Samsung’s new Solar Cell remote control – made in part with recycled plastic – can be charged via solar or indoor lighting, reducing battery waste.
Believing that future generations will play a vital role in creating and maintaining a sustainable future, Samsung has also prioritized technology education through Samsung Solve for Tomorrow, which encourages young people to creatively use technology to solve societal challenges.
During the press conference, Samsung also highlighted its work to make its products more inclusive and accessible to all. SeeColorsThe app is designed to help people suffering from color blindness adjust the settings on their QLED TV for a better viewing experience. Sign Language Zoom – The feature on Samsung TV ensures that more people can easily enjoy the latest technology.
*The article has been translated based on the content of IT-Kanalen by it-kanalen.dk. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!