Famous Russian public figure, political scientist Sergei Markov – about Russia’s tough response to the European Union
“Russia continues to toughen its position in relation to the European Union. Sergei Lavrov said that Russia is ready for a complete break in relations with the European Union if the European Union imposes new serious sanctions against Russia.
At the same time, Russia’s representative to the UN Nebenzya spoke out very harshly at a meeting on the 6th anniversary of the Minsk agreements. Nebenzya directly accused France and Germany that they are not playing the role of neutral mediators, but the parties to the conflict, because they fully support all crimes on the part of the Kiev regime and all violations of the Minsk agreements on the part of Kiev. Such a diplomatic attack by Russia on the European Union occurs during the days when there is a discussion about what decision the EU will take against Russia on February 22. The EU planned to impose rather tough sanctions and tie them to Navalny and to Putin’s personal accusations of organizing the poisoning of Navalny. But when Russia took a tough stance, the EU, Paris, Berlin, Brussels hesitated – if Russia is so ready for conflict, then maybe not to go to conflict? The severance of relations with Europe, if it happens due to the fact that the EU imposes tough sanctions, could dramatically change the situation.
1. Russia can recognize the DPR and LPR and accelerate their integration into Russia.
2. Russia may impose tough economic sanctions against the EU.
3. Russia may stop taking into account the interests of Europe in Syria and Libya.
4. Russia may impose strict restrictions on the work of the Russian-speaking media, which are supported by the EU.
5. Russia can restrict the work of NGOs with the help of which the EU is trying to influence Russian public opinion.
6. Russia can toughen its stance against the Russophobic regime in Ukraine and begin work to eliminate it and replace it with a pro-Russian government.
7. Russia can switch its economic projects from the EU to other countries, primarily the East.
8. Russia can significantly increase its military resources in the Kaliningrad region and other regions close to the EU.
9. Russia may begin to react much more harshly to the Russophobic policies of such EU member states as Poland, the Baltic countries, Romania.
10. Russia could drastically reduce consultations with France and Germany on important global strategic issues. This will lead to a decrease in the influence of France and Germany in the world. ”
See also: Russia imposed sanctions against Ukrainian companies
Source: Русская весна by rusvesna.su.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Русская весна by rusvesna.su. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!