Table of Contents
- 4 touch buttons
- Device size
- Net weight
- 305 g with power supply
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm stereo audio output
- Wireless interfaces
- Wi-Fi 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Power Supply
- Sound and microphones
- 5W full range speaker 42mm
- Four digital microphones
- Network adapter
- Warranty card
This month Mail.ru Group introduced a smart column called Capsule Mini. The novelty was equipped with a voice assistant “Marusya” and a small LED display, which can display not only the clock, but also the timer, weather and even funny emotions.
Like other popular voice assistants, Marusya easily understands your commands. You shouldn’t count on smart long conversations over a cup of coffee, but “Marusya” will be able to choose music to suit your surroundings, offer to play in the cities or “Guess the melody”, and tell the children stories.
In addition, “Capsule Mini” is closely linked with the VK Combo service. Therefore, when buying a gadget, the service offers a free subscription for the first three months: music from VK, ordering a taxi and car sharing, food delivery. By the way, about the birds: before the release of the new Mini Capsule, Marusya learned to order MacDelivery from McDonald’s (the voice assistant does not ask to put on a mask! :)).
The cost of the “Mini Capsule” is about 5,500 rubles.
The device is made in the form of a donut, on the top of which there is a curved platform with control. Dimensions “Capsule Mini” – 45 x 100 mm, and it weighs only 300 grams together with the power supply.
The frame of the device is plastic, and on top it is covered with fabric. Similar material is used in other columns of different brands. It is pleasant to the touch and looks great in any interior.
The speaker is available in two colors – gray and black. I had a model in gray on my review.
The platform is made of plastic. The lower part of the “Mini Capsule” is also made from it. A rubber gasket is glued to the bottom for a more stable position of the gadget.
Under the head of the concave platform there is an LED backlight that lights up at certain moments. For example, when you request something, it glows blue, when a command is executed, it lights up in blue in circular motions, and if there is no network, it flashes in red.
Controlling the Mini Capsule is very simple. On the top of the body there are four touch buttons: mute / unmute the microphone, confirm action, volume up or down.
The circle button has several functions:
- Play / pause while playing music (touch);
- Calling the voice assistant (hold);
- Bluetooth connection (three touches);
One of the main features of this model is the watch. They are located behind the decorative fabric, so they are not too contrasting, which is good, especially at night.
There is probably a light sensor installed somewhere on the speaker case, since the brightness of the clock adjusts to the level of lighting in the room. However, you can always adjust the brightness and voice: “Maroussia, make the clock brighter.” A weak brightness is selected in the same way, which is extremely comfortable even at night.
For example, “Capsule Mini” at the dacha helped out precisely as a luminous clock. Moreover, setting the volume to a minimum, you can whisper the command: “Maroussia, what time is it?” True, this is in the event that the column stands somewhere within a radius of a meter.
Another cool thing: “Mini Capsule” can be used as an alarm clock. If it worked, then it is easy to choose a different time: “Maroussia, alarm clock in 10 minutes.” And if you want to change the melody, then while playing the music tell Marusa that you want to set this melody to the alarm clock. You can also check the time at which you set the alarm.
On the back of the device there is a connector – an input for connecting power using a USB-C cable. Nearby is a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Unfortunately, the “Mini Capsule” does not work autonomously.
Functions of “Capsules Mini”
What can you ask this cute little speaker?
- The weather. Will be displayed on the screen and spoken by voice;
- Clarify translations of words and even sentences in a particular language;
- Order music for any request, including: “Maroussia, put on the music for writing lyrics.” And she really puts on a playlist of “music for writing long lyrics.” There are no questions about genres, mood and other parameters when requested;
- Launch news. As I understand it, the Mini Capsule is set to VestiFM. As soon as a request comes in, the column immediately begins to reproduce exactly the news at the given moment in time;
- Run any radio stations. Unfortunately, the device cannot recognize melodies either from radio stations or listening to them through a microphone;
- Find out any information as if you were doing it through a search in the browser;
- Exchange rate;
- Turn on and off equipment, control it. Capsule Mini supports over 30 smart home brands: Redmond, Polaris, Elari, Wink, Rubetek, Hipe, Yeelight, Aqara and so on. More details can be found at official website… Among the devices you can find fans, heaters, light bulbs, smart sockets, kettles, air purifiers, sensors, vacuum cleaners, surge protectors, relays, dimmers. Just the other day, Mail.ru Group sent a press release that Marusya learned how to control Philips Hue smart home devices. This is great news, since the brand is well-known, and many users already have Hue smart gadgets.
- By the release of the new “Mini Capsule”, “Marusya” learned to order “MakDostavka”. It is enough to say “Marusya, let’s make an order at McDonald’s”, select the items of interest in the menu and complete the order. You can then track the status in the Delivery Club application;
- Quiz. The column asks questions and offers options for answers;
- Launch games: “Cities”, “Guess the profession”, “Clover”, “Guess the melody”, “Guess the capital”, “Ball of Fate” and many others.
In fact, the device will be useful not so much for adults as for children. The Mini Capsule was brought to my dacha, and there were local children gathered around it, who had no problems communicating with Marusya as a real person. Either they were interested in fairy tales, or they played Guess the Melody (for some reason, only from Disney cartoons), or they asked to play some children’s songs. Partially the speaker replaced the TV and the computer for the kids. It is better to have fun with the Mini Capsule than to sit at the TV screen for days and spoil your eyesight.
I used the gadget as a clock and a voice assistant: find out the weather for tomorrow, put on my favorite tunes, listen to the latest news. And sometimes he started the game “Ball of Fate”. To the question “Maroussia, when will the coronavirus pandemic end?” she answered me that “it will be a pleasant surprise for you.” Well, at least so, it is encouraging :).
What happens if the Wi-Fi signal gets disconnected from the Mini Capsule? The column will switch to clock display mode and will not be able to respond to your requests. Moreover, it will not even be able to adjust the brightness of the clock.
The device perfectly recognizes a voice at a distance of up to five meters, even in a noisy place. In addition, it is not necessary to wait for a response from “Marusya”: you can quickly speak out your request, mentioning the assistant at the beginning of the sentence.
While listing various smart functions of the device, I forgot that the “Mini Capsule” is also a speaker for listening to music. In fact, even the manufacturer does not position this gadget as a speaker, therefore, it does not indicate either the frequency range or the diameter of the radiator in the specifications.
The speaker sounds like JBL GO 3. That is, simple, but tasteful.
The maximum volume (10) is sufficient to comfortably listen to music in rooms up to 20 m2. Naturally, this is not a big “Capsule” from Mail.ru Group, and you shouldn’t expect bass and amazing sibilants from “Mini”.
The device “Capsule Mini” is a great thing for those who already have everything, but want something unusual and such that does not take up much space. In general, as a gift – just perfect. And for any age group.
For example, my father-in-law is happy to “load” voice assistants on the phone, and he would definitely like the “Mini Capsule”.
Children are also delighted with the possibilities of a small smart speaker: to tell fairy tales, listen to songs, and play.
I hardly use voice assistants, but the luminous clock is always relevant. And you can listen to music too. The Mini Capsule suits me in all respects: it is small (there is nowhere to put all these gadgets), it plays nicely, you can ask and quickly get answers to questions that are not very convenient to look for in your phone.
The cost of the device is about 5,500 rubles. I think the price is a little too high, I would like to be in the region of 3,500-4,000 rubles. The same portable speaker JBL GO 3 costs from 2,000 rubles. Does adding a voice assistant cost another 3,000 rubles?
Direct competitor Yandex.Station Mini costs 5,000 rubles. It has the same functions as the Mail.ru Group gadget, but works with Yandex Alice. And there is also a Light version for 4,000 rubles.
Either way, you have a choice between devices and voice assistants.
The question “to the audience”: do you use such gadgets, if so, which ones?
Source: Mobile-review.com — Все о мобильной технике и технологиях by mobile-review.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Mobile-review.com — Все о мобильной технике и технологиях by mobile-review.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!