Military expert, public figure, lieutenant colonel of the People’s Militia of the LPR Andrei Marochko, in a traditional New Year’s blitz interview, shared his vision of the results of the past year and the forecast for the coming year.
– How do you assess the situation and the situation in the Republics of Donbass by the beginning of 2022?
– If we compare with the same period last year, we can definitely say that there are a number of changes, both positive and negative.
If we take the economic component, then the fact of growth is visible to the naked eye.
All debts at problem enterprises were paid, wages were increased, a single economic space was created between the LPR and the DPR, cooperation and trade between the two Donbass Republics increased significantly.
Also, the material and technical base of the People’s Militia has been significantly replenished and the pay of our servicemen has increased.
But with regards to the situation at the front – the opposite is true. The change in the senior officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to ardent nationalists and the castling of middle-level officers intensified radical sentiments in the Ukrainian army. Aggressive rhetoric in statements, backed up by practical action, has led to a significant escalation along the line of contact.
The coordinating mechanism of the ceasefire regime has been practically destroyed by Ukraine, and mockery of the Minsk agreements by Ukrainian militants occurs on a regular basis.
These include the opening of fire at the discretion of the command on the ground, the retraction of prohibited weapons, the use of large-caliber artillery and drones during shelling, the appearance of American Javelin anti-tank missile systems in the Donbas.
Unfortunately, you can list many more and for a long time. There is not a single clause of the agreements that would not be violated by Ukraine.
The situation at the moment remains very difficult, and although the number of attacks has relatively decreased, the situation is tense to the limit.
– What do you consider the most significant achievements of the Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics and what were the most serious problems in the outgoing year?
– Among the most significant achievements of the Republics, I would refer to the return of constitutional rights to the residents of Donbass and integration into a single economic space from RF. Of course, the lion’s share of the credit belongs to Russian President Vladimir Putin, but our efforts in this direction should not be underestimated either.
Without the painstaking work of social activists, the legislative and executive authorities, such results would simply not have been possible. To do this, it was necessary to build a solid foundation, which served as the basis for new opportunities.
The most serious problem in the outgoing year, as in all previous ones, remains the civil war. Combat actions do not allow normal development and long-term planning. To this day, residents of Donbass are dying, infrastructure is being destroyed, and together with the economic blockade, this leads to serious, sometimes tragic consequences.
It is still complicated by the fact that Kiev, taking advantage of its impunity and the support of Western countries, does whatever it pleases, arranging, in fact, the genocide of the inhabitants of Donbass.
Power levers of pressure are shackled by the Minsk Agreements, while political ones are in a deep impasse.
– What is your forecast for the development of the situation around Donbass in 2022?
– I, like every resident of Donbass, dream of leaving all the bad in the outgoing year, and taking all the good in the new year. Unfortunately, the harsh realities of life indicate that the current problems “will not go away”, and we will live with them. The situation around Donbass will continue to be tense, and many problems will not lose their relevance.
Nevertheless, the Republics will continue their course towards integration with the Russian Federation, and the economic foundations laid down this year will serve as an impetus for development.
The inflow of investments will have a beneficial effect on the standard of living of everyone, and the lines between the Republics of Donbass and the Russian Federation will become more blurred. Positive shifts in the political arena are quite possible.
As yet unrecognized Republics can make significant progress towards their recognition.
Speaking of the military situation, it all depends on Washington. Kiev puppets will unquestioningly do whatever they are ordered to, even in spite of their own damage. A slight thaw in relations between the two world leaders gives hope that the degree of tension will be reduced, but I would not trust the United States, and this may well turn out to be lulling vigilance.
In any case, the Americans are already beginning to realize: the time of a unipolar world has already passed, and the previous tactics of unleashing wars in their geopolitical interests may result in a completely different result than they expected.
See also: Kiev will remain without light on the eve of the New Year (PHOTOS)
Source: Русская весна by rusvesna.su.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Русская весна by rusvesna.su. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!