While many remote companies are struggling with endpoint security, hackers trying to exploit this situation are using vulnerabilities to lure employees. While researches report that 67% of cyber attacks affecting institutions target employees, they also show that employees do not have sufficient cybersecurity awareness as a result of working remotely. Noting that human errors play a critical role in the majority of data breaches and cyberattacks that occur, WatchGuard Turkey and Greece Country Manager Yusuf Evmez states that training employees is very important for organizations and lists 8 suggestions for those who want to ensure endpoint security against cyber threats.
Most Cyber Security Incidents Have Human Errors!
Although strong planning and defense methods come at the beginning of effective cyber security, institutions also need to spend time on raising awareness of cyber security. Researches report that human error has a significant share in 85% of all data breaches and cyber security incidents. Stating that employee training is essential for a strong defense, WatchGuard Turkey and Greece Country Manager Yusuf Evmez emphasizes that companies that do not take adequate cyber security measures can be seriously harmed by cyber attacks.
8 Effective Ways to Keep Endpoints Safe
WatchGuard Turkey and Greece Country Manager Yusuf Evmez said that ensuring endpoint security against cyber threats He shares 8 important steps.
1. Review the cybersecurity solutions you use. Phishing emails continue to be an increasingly effective route of infection. But there are many ways to capture such risks with well-layered defenses. a DNS firewall; it can neuter bridges to hosted malware or command servers, protection engines can detect malware and prevent employees from being phishing.
2. Fight common application threats. Cross-attack listing moves toward sensitive network applications, allowing attackers to access sensitive log data on online servers. Administrators can mitigate these threats by frequently updating network software and server software programs, and by protecting their servers with intrusion prevention methods.
3. Secure your IoT devices. While most companies defend their computer systems with some kind of firewall, most companies enable full access to IoT devices. However, this can bring threats that are difficult to detect. You should make sure to defend all your company’s devices, especially IoT.
4. Check your malicious script delivery strategies regularly. Most fileless malware threats start with a malicious script. You should also avoid opening email attachments from unknown sources to reduce the chance of accidentally running a script.
5. Make sure your browsers are up to date. Most cybercriminals are lazy and would rather go after the victims directly than spend time on well-defended data. One of the easiest ways to reduce your attack threat is to keep your web browser and extensions updated with the latest security patches. By patching the identified vulnerabilities, you can limit your attack base to only social engineering and true zero-day flaws.
6. Check your permissions. All of the current breaches happen because of cybercriminals obtaining high permissions. Limiting the flexibility of attackers to obtain these permissions can help you reduce the impact of a breach.
7. Enable Endpoint Threat Detection and Response (EDR) and Endpoint Security Platform (EPP) defenses with Zero Trust capabilities. Make sure your endpoint security is actively scanning for new and existing processes so that it can detect suspicious processes. Facing fileless malware threats and chain attacks means it’s not enough to simply scan for downloads that reach your storage. Your endpoint security should actively scan different domains that attackers may have compromised.
8. Protect your distributions. When deploying new infrastructure, take time to think about what permissions you have granted. Do not infringe resources on the web that are not designed and protected in any way for public promotion. You can use a VPN as an authenticated security layer or a clientless VPN login portal for this.
Source: Teknolojioku Rss by www.teknolojioku.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Teknolojioku Rss by www.teknolojioku.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!