The release of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series is coming very soon to Disney +. Characters, stories, date of release: we take stock of everything we currently know about the next Marvel series on the streaming platform, a series that is likely to be a real hit given its cast and its synopsis.
The new Marvel series Falcon and the Winter Soldier is about to land on Disney +. Only a few more weeks to wait, and we can finally discover the new series of superheroes straight from the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).
On December 11 and February 7, Disney + unveiled the first two trailers of the series. Thanks to them, we now know much more about the Marvel superhero series that will soon land on Disney +. The opportunity for us to take stock of the two protagonists that are Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but also on the other characters they will have to face, as well as all the information that we have been able to glean here and there. Go en route, let’s go for a complete roundup of the series that could meet one of the best of the year!
📅 When is Falcon and the Winter Soldier coming out on Disney +?
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier series will be available from March 19, 2021 on Disney +. It succeeds another Marvel series, WandaVision, which is currently a hit on Disney + and whose airing ends on March 5, 2021. This leaves fans two weeks to get back into the mix and review the various MCU films in which Falcon and the Winter Soldier appear.
🔢 How many episodes are there in the series?
6 episodes were announced for Falcon and the Winter Soldier. They will be broadcast at the rate ofone episode per week, as is the case for all original Disney + programs (WandaVision, The Mandalorian, etc.).
🪐 What universe is the Falcon and the Winter Soldier set in?
The series takes place in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). It shares the same universe as all the Marvel / Disney films released since Iron Man in 2008. The place occupied by other series such as Marvel Agents of the Shield, Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage has always been confused as to the universe to which they belong. Marvel has never spoken officially and has always played on a certain ambiguity. In contrast, the WandaVision and Falcon series and the Winter Soldier are beyond doubt. The characters share the same universe as the Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy.
🕰 When does Falcon and the Winter Soldier take place?
The series takes place after the events of Avengers Endgame, between 2023 and 2024. After the defeat of Thanos, which ended in the death of Iron Man, Captain America left to put the Infinity Stones in their place and in their time. He finally decided to find his beloved Peggy Carter, and grew old by her side. Now very old, we find him at the end of Avengers Endgame handing his shield to Sam Wilson (Falcon). So it’s up to Falcon to take over the responsibility of the Sentinel of Freedom, and that’s when the events of the series’ first season unfold.
🏃🏻♂️ Who are the characters in the series?
- As you can imagine, the Winter Soldier and Falcon are the main characters in the series. But they evolve with other faces well known to comic book readers, and even to those who have only seen the films. Here is a quick overview of the different characters in the series:
- Sam Wilson, aka Falcon (performed by Anthony Mackie). Appeared in the movie Captain America the Winter Soldier, Sam Wilson has a winged harness that allows him to fly at high speed. He is a former soldier, seasoned in weapons, combat techniques and he controls his flying armor perfectly. Sure, he doesn’t have any superpowers, but his role in the Avengers has grown steadily over the course of the MCU’s various films. During the conflict between the superheroes between them, he rallied the camp of Captain America and has never ceased to show him a mark of unwavering support. He was one of the superheroes who were annihilated by Thanos’ finger snap, and came back to life at the end of Avengers Endgame for the big final fight.
- James “Bucky” Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier (played by Sebastian Stan). A former partner of Captain America during World War II, Bucky was held for dead for more than half a century. In fact, he had been recovered and imprisoned by the KGB. After brainwashing him and implanting a cybernetic arm, the Russian organization instructs him to kill dignitaries. Years go by, until he comes face to face with his former companion Captain America, more than half a century later. Bucky then falls under the yoke of Helmut Zemo, who forces him to eliminate T’Chaka, King of Wakanda. After having recovered his spirits, he is taken in by the latter’s son. He participates in the clash against Thanos in Avengers Infinity War, but disappears as half the population of the universe. We see him again at the end of Avengers Endgame, since he returns from the dead and takes part in the ultimate battle against the Mad Titan.
- Sharon Carter (performed by Emily VanCamp). A former SHIELD agent, Sharon Carter has helped the Avengers on several occasions throughout her career. She also took a stand for Captain America during his “rebellion” in Civil War and flirted with the superhero, before the latter decided to go back in time and start a new life with Peggy Carter. For the record, Sharon is Peggy’s niece. The series should teach us what Sharon has been up to since the events of Civil War, who is normally considered a fugitive for lending a hand to Captain America. She therefore returns in Falcon and the Winter Soldier to help the two vigilantes.
- Helmut Zemo, aka Baron Zemo (played by Daniel Brühl). He was already in the big bad from the movie Captain America Civil War, so here he is back. Whoever pulled the strings to T’Chaka’s murder and made the superheroes tear each other apart hasn’t said his last word.
- John Walker, aka US Agent (portrayed by Wyatt Russell). Like Captain America, US Agent is also the result of an experiment to improve his strength, endurance, speed and longevity.
🦸♂️ Are there other Avengers in Falcon and the Winter Soldier?
Yes, War Machine is also in the game. Actor Don Cheadle returns to service and puts on the armor designed by Tony Stark. The former sidekick will probably come to help the other superheroes for one or two episodes, but should ultimately have a rather limited role. War Machine will anyway be headlining Armor Wars, a future Disney + series whose release date remains shrouded in mystery for the moment.
✍🏻 What is the story of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series?
Falcon and the Winter Soldier is a more conventional superhero series than WandaVision is, the first episodes of which are genuinely confusing. Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson embark on a journey that takes them to the four corners of the world. It’s not yet clear why the two characters are reuniting, but it looks like they’ll have to do with Baron Zemo. It remains to be seen what Machiavellian plan the character still invented.
The series should also focus on the “succession” of Captain America. At the end of Avengers Endgame, Steve Rogers hands his shield over to Sam Wilson. While the character doesn’t seem to turn down the role of Captain America, he doesn’t openly accept it either. The scene in question is not very explicit and it may well be that the series focuses on whether or not to accept the passing of the torch.
❓ Who is the series supervillain?
The series can count on at least one supervillain, namely the Baron Zemo. “Superheroes don’t have the right to exist,” he said in the series trailer released in February. If it does not appear completely, the character is easily recognized by his purple mask (or hood?).
Obviously, it is possible that other characters come in the way of our two superheroes. The role ofUS Agent is not yet defined, for example. Which side will he be on? A photo taken during filming shows the character holding Captain America’s shield. Is it in a fight with Falcon or the Winter Soldier? Or is it because he comes to their aid?
Read also: Marvel on Disney +, in which chronological order should we watch the films?
🥈 Is Falcon and the Winter Soldier season 2 planned?
For the moment, it is still a little early to say that a season is already in the cards. Still, it’s unlikely that Disney + will settle for just one season. If the series is a hit, the streaming platform will certainly announce the start of a second season at the end of the broadcast of the first.
Source: PhonAndroid by www.phonandroid.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of PhonAndroid by www.phonandroid.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!