Ministry of Energy Reduce electricity bills February – March budget 8,202 million baht
On January 13, 2021, Deputy Prime Minister and Energy Minister Supatthanaphong Phanmechao has ordered the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) to consider electricity measures to help. And alleviate the suffering of people with increased electricity cost from government measures for a period of 2 months during February – March 2021 with a total budget of 8,202 million baht.
Cabinet knocked 3 measures
- Measure 1 for residential electricity users The meter is installed not more than 5 amps and uses no more than 150 units of electricity per month, which is the electricity consumer of Category 1.1 of the Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA), category 1.1.1 of the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA. ) Retail customers of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) and Category 10 of the Navy (Electricity welfare business) totaling 10.13 million people who will receive the first 90 units of electricity free.
- Measure 2 for residential electricity users that use more than 150 units per month is electricity users of categories 1.2 and 1.3 of the Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA), categories 1.1.2 and 1.2 of the Provincial Electricity Authority (MEA). Por.) 11.83 million retail customers of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) and Category 11 of the Welfare Electricity Business, which will receive an additional discount on the electricity cost of the electricity consumption unit from Electricity bill, which uses December 2020 as the base for calculating the discount, in this regard, it is the electricity bill discount before VAT calculation. With guidelines for electric charge as follows
1. In case the electricity consumption in February – March 2021 is less than or equal to the electricity consumption unit according to the electricity bill in December 2020, the electricity bill shall be charged according to the actual electricity consumption unit of that month.
2. In the case of electricity consumption in February – March 2021 than the units of electricity used according to the electricity bill of December 2020 to be a discount on the electricity bill before VAT calculation. With a guideline to charge electricity according to the consumption of electricity
- Measure 3 for small electricity users (Excluding government agencies and state enterprises) of the Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA), Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA), direct customers of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) and electricity users of the electricity welfare business States That looks like a residence in conjunction with a small business Will give every first 50 units of electricity free
In this regard, there will be an announcement of the measures for assistance from the ERC, MEA and PEA on Friday, January 15, 2021.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ประชาชาติธุรกิจ by www.prachachat.net. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!