The time has officially come when everyone is looking for ways to cool down and enjoy his favorite ice cream. If you are tired of ready-made, simple ice creams, this article is for you. Here are some healthy and light recipes for something different. Ice cream sandwiches, made in the simplest and easiest way and without preservatives. So enjoy without fear!
Peanut butter and banana ice cream sandwich (gluten free + vegan)
Peanut Butter Cookies:
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1 tablespoon syrup or honey
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup oat flour
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Or a cup of almond milk
• 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, lactose free if desired
Banana ice cream:
• 4 peeled bananas
• 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water from the previous night, then rinsed and dried
• 3/4 cup almond milk
• 1 tablespoon syrup or honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. In a large bowl with a mixer, whisk together the peanut butter and brown sugar for 1 minute. Then add the vanilla extract and the syrup (or honey) and mix again until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, add the oatmeal, baking powder and salt. Stir until smooth.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture in two portions and mix until smooth. Add the almond milk and mix again. Add the small pieces of chocolate and mix this time gently with a spoon or you can use your hand.
5. Divide the dough in half. Cover a pan (22 × 33 cm) with non-stick baking paper and press in half the dough. You want the mixture to cover the entire pan in a thin layer.
6. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. The mixture may not seem to have formed, but it will harden a bit as it cools down even more when you freeze it. Lift the dough from the pan together with the oil paste and place it on a cold base.
7. Repeat the same procedure for the second half of the dough. Let them cool well.
For the banana ice cream:
1. Cut the bananas into small pieces and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
2. Add the soaked cashews to a blender along with the ¼ cup of almond milk. Mix for about a minute, until it acquires a creamy texture.
3. Then add the frozen bananas, syrup (or honey) and the rest of the almond milk and mix until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
For the ice cream sandwich:
1. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Carefully turn the baked cookie dough upside down (this step is not necessary, but it will make the top of the sandwich look more beautiful). Gently slide the cookie on the paper. Cover with banana ice cream evenly. Then carefully slide the second piece of cookies over the ice cream.
2. Place the sandwich in the freezer for at least 2 hours. When you take it out, cut it to the sizes you want.
Ice cream and chocolate coating sandwich (for vegan)
Ingredients for brownies:
• 1 cup walnuts or oat flakes
• 1 cup dates
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
For the ice cream:
• 3 frozen bananas
For the chocolate coating:
• Or a cup of melted cocoa butter
• 1-2 tablespoons donut powder
• 1-2 tablespoons syrup, sugar or honey
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• A pinch of salt (optional)
Break the nuts (or oat flakes) into powder and throw them in the mixer. Add the dates and cocoa powder and beat until well combined. Press half the mixture into the bottom of a small pan. This will be the bottom of the sandwich.
To make ice cream:
Mix the bananas at high volume in the mixer for a minute, until they become a creamy and soft cream. Smear the bottom of the sandwich with it and then put it in the fridge for a few hours until it stabilizes. When you take it out, press the other half of the brownie on top and put it in the freezer.
For the chocolate coating:
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Put it in a deep bowl so you can dip the sandwiches as much as possible into the chocolate. Take them out of the freezer, cut them and after dipping them in the chocolate, put them back for a while, until they freeze well. When you take them out to serve, they are more enjoyable, when you leave them outside for 7 minutes, to soften the ice cream filling a little.
Ice cream sandwich without baking (for vegan)
Ingredients for chocolate cookies
• 3/4 cup raw almonds (or other nuts of your choice)
• 5 soft dates, soaked in water for 10 minutes
• 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• A pinch of salt
For the ice cream
• 2 cold bananas
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Water as needed for mixing
1. Put the almonds, cocoa powder and salt in the mixer bowl and mix until well dissolved. Add the dates and vanilla extract and mix until it becomes a sticky dough. You may need to stop a few times to pick up the ingredients that have stuck to the edge of the bowl with a spatula.
2. Transfer the cookie dough to a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and use your hands (wet, to prevent them from sticking) to make the dough into a rectangle. Place the dough in the freezer for about 20 minutes, then use a large knife to cut the dough into 8 rectangular cookies. Put them back in the freezer while you make the ice cream.
3. To make the ice cream, you will need the mixer again. For convenience, cut the bananas into pieces before mixing. Then mix them with the vanilla extract and 1-2 tablespoons of water. Stir until soft and creamy, like ice cream! (add a little more water, if needed, to achieve the texture we need).
4. Remove the chocolate chip cookies from the freezer and place a large spoonful of ice cream on four of the eight pieces. Use the other four cookies to make sandwiches. Put them back in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes and then serve!
Source: Εναλλακτική Δράση by enallaktikidrasi.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Εναλλακτική Δράση by enallaktikidrasi.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!