Do you want to listen further?
Get a Digital Plus subscription and listen on right away.
Already a subscriber? Log in
With Digital Plus you can listen to articles. You get access immediately.
Click here. You must change your consent to “allow all”.
Randers. On Thursday, Randers FC kicks off the Conference League group stage when the team takes on Dutch side AZ Alkmaar at home.
In addition to AZ, Randers is also in a group with Romanian CFR Cluj and Czech Jablonec in the Conference League, which is Europe’s third best club tournament.
However, it is not opponents who make Randers’ captain, Erik Marxen, shake his pants.
– We have not matched expectations on the team yet, but my own expectations are that we have good opportunities to play on. I must say.
– I do not know any of the teams so well, so it may be that I get wiser.
– But as I just stand here and think, I do not sell it for three or four points. As I see it, we must become number one or two in the group, says Marxen.
With a European group game also comes close match program in the fall. However, the Randers captain is not worried on behalf of the team.
– I’m not super nervous about it. Now we lost well enough in Silkeborg after a tough European match against Galatasaray.
– But I think we learn fairly quickly what it takes.
– It is of course something you have to learn by playing many football matches at short intervals. Also accepting that one’s legs are not always on top the day before a match, says Erik Marxen.
He believes that Randers with the team’s new reinforcements will probably do well.
– With the new faces that have been added, I think that all in all we are well equipped.
Randers coach Thomas Thomasberg agrees. He believes that the width of the squad has been raised.
– The width has gotten better, but it’s not like I think the top of the squad has gotten much stronger.
– In the spring we had a hard time filling the bench, so we had to fill it up with U19 players.
– We do not have to now. It gives us better opportunities to switch around, says the 46-year-old head coach.
He highlights the importance of squad width ahead of the coming weeks, where a difficult fighting program awaits.
In addition to the European matches, FC Nordsjælland, FC Midtjylland and Brøndby await in the next rounds of the Superligaen.
– We will do what we can to do well in both tournaments. We will do anything to win and we have tried to make our squad wider for the same reason.
– We have got a fantastic start in the league, and we must of course take advantage of it, says Thomasberg, who is clear in his speech about the autumn’s ambitions.
– We will of course try to get in the top-6, and we will see if we can advance from the Conference League group game.
/ ritzau /
Source: www.berlingske.dk by www.berlingske.dk.
*The article has been translated based on the content of www.berlingske.dk by www.berlingske.dk. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!