Pyeongtaek construction site received a warning of “fire risk” 40 days before the accident… Another foreseen talent

President Moon Jae-in meditates at the funeral procession of firefighters who died in Gyeonggi-do at the Ichung Culture and Sports Center in Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do on the morning of the 8th. Provided by the Blue House
On the morning of the 8th, the joint funeral ceremony of three firefighters who died while being put to work at the fire site of a new construction site for a new construction of a frozen warehouse in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi Province, was held at the Ichung Cultural Gymnasium in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi Province. Meanwhile, only 40 days before the fire, the Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency inspected the site and warned of the possibility of a fire.

● President Moon attended… Harmful Cemetery Saddle

At the funeral ceremony held on the morning of the 8th, firefighter Chae Jun-young (34) of the 119 Rescue Team of the Pyeongtaek Song Carbon Fire Station, who worked with firefighter Lee Hyung-seok (51), fire chief Park Soo-dong (32) and fire department Jo Woo-chan (26), read the farewell address in a trembling voice.

Chae Fire Department said, “I never dreamed that it would be the last time I went silently into the smoke that made me lose even a single life.” Now, I hope you put everything down and rest in a world that is not too hot.” Reading the manuscript with bloodshot eyes, the firefighters were unable to speak several times.

The bereaved family who sat down in front of the deceased smiling brightly in the picture of the portrait could not stop crying as if the sudden death of the family was unbelievable. Colleagues who were guarding the funeral ceremonies shed tears of tears as they left greetings such as “I’m sorry” and “You worked hard”.

President Moon Jae-in also visited the funeral without prior notice. Without a separate eulogy, they sat down with the general mourners to pay tribute to the souls of the deceased. In the middle of the funeral, they tightly closed their eyes or wiped their tears. After offering flowers and incense at the end, he expressed his condolences to the bereaved family, saying, “On behalf of the people, I send my condolences.”

After the funeral ceremony, which lasted for about two hours, and the procession of carriage left the venue, fellow firefighters greeted the firefighters on the last road with a salute. The remains of the deceased were buried in the Daejeon National Cemetery. The government conferred the Order of Okjo Geunjeong and first-class special promotion to three firefighters who were killed.

● 10 days joint inspection… Full-scale investigation into the cause of the fire

This accident was foretold several times in advance. According to data received from the Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency by Rep. Lee Su-jin (proportionate) of the Democratic Party of Korea, on November 23, last year, after inspecting the ‘1st and 4th floor work sites’ of this construction site, the NHIS said, “There is a fire risk when cutting pipes on the 4th floor. have. It is necessary to install anti-scattering (flying and scattering) anti-foam and fire extinguishers,” he pointed out. The Corporation checked the contents of the improvement a week later, but could not prevent the fire on the night of the 5th, which was over a month later.

At this construction site, the structure collapsed in December 2020, killing three workers. Construction was halted for about a month, but the completion did not change to February of this year. The police are investigating whether the construction was carried out unreasonably to meet the completion schedule as the fire broke out late at night.

In addition, the police plan to conduct a joint investigation on the 10th with the fire department and the National Institute of Scientific Investigation to determine the cause of the fire. The first floor of the building where the fire is believed to have started is the subject of intensive investigation. On the 7th, 12 companies from 6 companies, including construction companies and subcontractors, were searched and searched, and 14 people involved were banned from leaving the country.

Jo Woo-chan’s maternal uncle at the Fire Department said in a phone call with the Dong-A Ilbo on the 9th, “At the time of the fire, the safety manager said there were only 5 field workers, but some workers claimed that there were 3 more workers left, which caused confusion.” If we had searched, something like this would not have happened.” It is pointed out that rescue teams were unnecessarily sent in to find survivors who were not there. The bereaved family asked the fire department to “take measures to prevent such a thing from happening again.”

Pyeongtaek = Reporter Lee Kyung-jin [email protected]
By Park Jong-min, staff reporter [email protected]

Source: 동아닷컴 : 동아일보 전체 뉴스 by

*The article has been translated based on the content of 동아닷컴 : 동아일보 전체 뉴스 by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!