– The mind lives in the body. Through the body can affect the mind, but also through the mind to the body, says Maaret Kallio, who moves outdoors in nature when feeling stuck or electric staring at the screen.
– The stability of nature reminds me that there is something much bigger than me and my grief.
Maaret especially enjoys the family acquired a cottage last year by the forest and by the sea.
Content continues after ad
– As a child, I felt bored when my parents berryed and mushroomed endlessly. Now I’m in for a while as I collect food, chanterelles and blueberries from the cottage yard.
The content continues below the ad
“I’m such an eater that I’m probably already an exception”
The basis of Maaret’s well-being is regular meal times. He makes sure that the intervals between meals do not stretch too long, as he is strongly affected by fluctuations in blood sugar.
– I am a nicer person when I eat regularly. I also drink daily coffee every day.
Ordinary home cooking tastes great to Maaret and her family, a box of pasta and spinach cakes.
– I’m such an eater that I’m probably an exception to that. I have no restrictions or allergies, and for some reason I have never tried any special diets. Instead, flexibility with regard to food is also important for mental health, a small treat every now and then.
Read more about Maaret Kallio’s insights into well-being in Good Health magazine issue 7/2021!
This article has appeared in Good Health magazine. As a subscriber, you can read all numbers free of charge from the digilehdet.fi service.
Source: Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!