Nowadays, no major sales funnel is complete without chatbots. What could be better than to take – and automate communication with potential customers and even lead them to a purchase. Anna Kukina, director and project manager at the Omsk IT company Asmart, told about a new and effective tool.
Press / start to start: why your business needs a chatbotIrina Pecherskaya
What is a chat bot for?
It helps to attract and retain a customer, and in the future, motivate them to buy. And all this without much time on the part of the seller. You can also use a chatbot to automate the company’s internal processes: for example, to remind employees about the birthday of employees or the date of the report.
In total, there are several ways to use this tool:
- testing. The client passes the test, as a result of which he receives recommendations. For example, by choosing a service or product;
- information. So the client can find out the answers to typical questions without involving a manager;
- sale. If configured correctly, the bot can compose an order itself and create a payment link, notifying the manager of the purchase;
- applications. This is a very handy tool for information business. You can collect applications for conferences, webinars and other events;
- games. Can be used for entertainment, as well as gamification for non-standard customer acquisition;
- dating. There are already bots that automatically select suitable candidates based on various parameters.
And this list is not final. Almost any application can be implemented on the basis of a bot in a social network, given that we only have a dialogue from the interface. A chatbot can be tied to a large working system, taking full advantage of all the benefits of such a connection: user base, order history, etc.
Where can chat bots be used?
The most accessible platforms where there are no restrictions:
With limited functionality:
The latter allow creating a chatbot only for medium and large businesses, small businesses do not provide such an opportunity.
How to create a chatbot
You can make a simple chatbot yourself without programming skills. For example, on Telegram or VK using the Senler service. But in this case, you will have to put up with restrictions and in some cases pay for some functions. You can choose special constructors – now the market provides a huge variety.
But such constructors also have their drawbacks:
- impossibility to implement logically complex chains;
- it is difficult or impossible to link your services (user bases, cash registers, CRM, etc.);
- regular payment for the constructor.
Now about the pros:
- if desired, an ordinary user can also figure it out;
- good support service, which is important for self-creation;
- for a simple bot, for example, an invitation or informational bot, most likely, free features will suffice. It’s 100% cheaper than hiring a programmer.
How chatbots have influenced business
Their appearance greatly facilitated the conduct of business and made it possible to remove part of the operational work from real employees. It is enough to spend time and money once on creating a chatbot, and then it will work for you 365/24/7. Isn’t this a dream!
And a few more business changes that chatbots have influenced:
- You can conduct sales without involving a manager and with direct payment.
- Collecting leads for information products just got easier. Now you do not need to register complex e-mail distribution chains and hire additional people for this.
- Now you can do without a secretary. Chatbots will remind you of an employee’s birthday, an important event, etc.
- The HR sphere has also turned upside down. Now a chatbot can also select the right candidates and schedule interviews with them.
How chat bots are used to solve problems in Russia
Many well-known companies are already actively using chat bots in their work. I have selected three that serve different functions.
Every day, millions of people send and receive goods from the post office. Chatbot @PochtaruBot helps users to find out all the information about the packages. The usual way to get this data is quite long, and there is almost always access to a smartphone and a bot. It appeared in 2017. Its mission was to optimize the work of operators and reduce the workload on them, as well as allow customers to receive information quickly and easily.
What he can do now:
- tracks information about the parcel;
- in case of delay in sending, informs the recipient;
- notifies about the arrival of the parcel to the address;
- in case of loss of a letter or parcel, sends information with further actions;
- shows the nearest post office to the user;
- helps to find out the cost of sending a letter or parcel;
- redirects to the operator in particularly difficult cases.
Online recruiting platform
Chatbots can help with recruiting. The bot is able to conduct interviews and call about 10 thousand people per hour instead of an ordinary employee. The bot will be able to set a date and conduct an interview, check test tasks and select the best candidates.
In 2015, the Russian company Stafory developed the Vera bot, a recruiting service. This service saves time for the call center operator or HR specialist for other more important tasks. The robot has a pleasant voice and a standard set of emotions.
What he can do now:
- call candidates on their own;
- recognize speech;
- send a job description to candidates by email;
- conduct video interviews.
“Vera” perfectly copes with any vacancies: cooks, builders, managers, programmers – and can work simultaneously with them without loss of quality and speed.
In banking, chatbots are used to speed up and facilitate communication between customers and employees, reducing the need to use phone or email. Alfa-Bank has developed a chat bot with artificial intelligence. The main ability of the assistant robot is to recognize words during a phone call. During the development, telephone conversations with customers were analyzed. Now the robot assistant helps you get answers to popular questions.
The bot’s voice is male. This decision was made after conducting internal research, from which it became clear that women feel more comfortable when discussing financial topics with men. Another interesting feature that we managed to identify is that women call the call center much more often than men. On average, five times a year, but men use more online services.
How our chatbot helped mothers on maternity leave
We’ve partnered with Nutrilak, a baby food company. After discussing the tasks, a questionnaire bot appeared that processes the responses of a young mother and offers advice on nutrition and childcare.
The main task was to unload the moderators and retain clients. The chatbot conducted a survey of mothers on several parameters, and, according to the results, suggested the Nutrilak product by age, health status of the child, or advised to see a doctor. We also added an operator call button to the questionnaire if the user wanted to clarify a question of interest. And they made a function to repeat the question, but for another child.
The chatbot was implemented on VKontakte via api. We wrote an algorithm in php, similar bots are implemented in node.js. We have thought about about 30 options for the outcome, depending on the user’s choice. After completing the survey, users saw a picture of a Nutrilak product and childcare tips in text. It took 80 hours to create.
As a result, moderators became less likely to communicate with clients, because some of their work was taken over by the chatbot. Clients began to receive answers to their questions faster and more accurately. In the future, using this chatbot, you can sell Nutrilak products and create an interactive catalog in chat format. And for the convenience of the client, you can generate a link for payment without leaving the chat.
How to understand that your company needs a chatbot
Now there are more and more supporters of this tool. But creating a chatbot can sometimes hit your budget significantly. Therefore, the question of necessity must be treated as responsibly as possible. To do this, I created a quick test to help you decide. You need to answer “Yes” or “No”:
- You already have your own call center, where employees are constantly answering customer questions.
- You don’t have a call center yet, but managers spend too much time talking to customers on the phone.
- You are literally bombarded with messages to e-mail, social networks and instant messengers on the same issues.
- In your activity, there are simple routine operations on which managers spend time (checking availability, calculating discounts, and others).
- You have an info business and you still process applications manually.
- You want to make your audience more loyal, but all the standard methods no longer work.
- You want to create a new product and want to make it as easy as possible to communicate to customers.
- You have a large team, and you need to optimize processes within the company.
If you have at least one statement with the answer “Yes”, then I recommend creating a chatbot. It will greatly improve your processes and free up time for more important tasks.
Cover photo: CITAlliance/Depositphotos.com
Source: Rusbase by rb.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Rusbase by rb.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!