Among the many changes that the pandemic has brought us, for better or for worse, there is one that will leave its mark on our generations: we have all rediscovered ourselves pizza chefs, pastry chefs and pasta makers. And the pasta machine, in this sense, is one of the most useful and fun purchases you can make. that’s how choose the right model, and for what reasons it should absolutely be bought.
Pasta Machine: Models
For one or two people, rolling pin and manual cutting may work well; the result is a very rustic, uneven and delicious pasta, like the one eaten by grandmother or in the traditional trattorias of the past. When, on the other hand, you need to feed more people, or you need extreme precision in the final product (perhaps to surprise your friends), then pasta machine becomes indispensable.
Whether it is to prepare lasagna, cannelloni, fettuccine or ravioli, it is the perfect ally to always obtain professional looking results. In addition, the pasta machine is economical, easy to use, safe and – in the case of the crank variants – practically eternal: bought once, it is handed over from father to son for centuries.
Exist different models, depending on the type of pasta to be created, and the laziness of the user. The simpler and cheaper ones require you to prepare the dough by hand, and pass it to the machine with ever thinner thicknesses, until the desired degree of fineness is obtained; the more advanced ones, on the other hand, do everything by themselves. In detail:
- Traditional Manual Machine: It is that of the grandmother. After preparing the dough, just pass it to the machine by operating the crank, and within a few minutes you get the dough which can then be cut into spaghetti, fettuccine, tagliolini etc. They are the cheapest and relatively uncomfortable, but don’t be fooled. It takes nothing to use them alone, and they are even more fun with your sweetheart or with children.
- Crank Torch: Slow and uncomfortable, we advise against it. In practice, just insert the dough into the container, choose the mold with the desired thickness / size of spaghetti, turn the knob to release the pasta. The only advantage is that it takes up little space, but is really impractical.
- Motor Machine: It is absolutely identical to the manual one, but in addition it includes an electric motor instead of the crank; often, many manual models are prepared for the motor, which however must be purchased separately. For obvious reasons it costs about double the manual homologation, but it speeds up the work a lot when you have a lot of dough to work.
- Electric pasta machine: Just put the ingredients in the container, start the desired program, whip the desired shape, and the machine will do it all by itself. Practical for those who want fresh pasta every day without even lifting a finger.
Semolina and Water Pasta, Perfect Recipe
If you ask your mother or grandmother the fateful question “how much water?” they will reply cryptically: “how much do you take” what it means everything and nothing. To understand what they mean, you have to do some experiments first, but then everything will be clearer. Trust us.
Each pasta machine – regardless of the type – always includes a practical recipe book with the doses to obtain the ideal dough, and this is a great start. In principle, consider that for every kg of flour you need about 400ml of liquid (water, eggs, sautéed vegetables, etc.). But not all flours “take” the same water, and that’s where experience makes the difference.
In our opinion, the following are the perfect doses. The recipe is formally for 4 people (the writer brushes it in 2 people, and frankly we would also do the encore):
- 250 gr Stone re-milled semolina
- 130 grams of warm water (heated in the microwave or on the stove, not from the tap)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (it is true that the boiling water is salty, but fresh pasta cooks so early that in our experience a little salt in the dough is needed)
- 10 grams of oil (do not overdo it, otherwise it is unnecessarily heavy)
Just make the classic fountain on the pastry board, in which to pour the water (or eggs if you prefer) a little at a time. Even if at the beginning it will seem that the water is little in proportion to the flour, keep stirring: in the end you will get a hard, smooth and compact dough. Tip: press the dough with both hands; you need a fair amount of strength.
Note for Special Diets: The beauty of the pasta machine is that you can use the ingredients you prefer, to satisfy all dietary needs. No problem for wholemeal flours (which do very well and are perfect for lowering the glycemic peak) and for those without gluten (such as spelled, soy, etc.)
Pasta Machine: How to Clean It
Per clean the pasta machine, the best advice we can give you is to soak the dies (if any) and to remove the pasta with a toothpick; to remove lumps of dry pasta or any accumulation between the gears, instead, use a well wrung wet cloth, and maybe a brush. If you don’t make a lot of egg pasta, this is enough; if the doughs tend to be very greasy, you can add a little bit of degreaser to the damp cloth, as long as you carefully remove any residues immediately afterwards.
The problem in general is that the pasta machine absolutely not wetotherwise it can make black or rust. But if that happens, go straight to the flour to collect moisture (we recommend semolina, which has larger grains) and then brush everything off with a brush.
Pasta Machines: Best Prime Day Offers
If you feel ready to throw yourself into the big challenge, then don’t waste a minute more. We guarantee you excellent results with little effort and, if not the achievement of the pasta factory independence, at least great satisfactionSo here are the models, one of each type, with the best price / quality ratio of Prime Day 2021. We advise you to do it soon, because the offer will expire within a few hours.
Made In Italy
You do it all
Source: GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!