The draft state budget for next year is already being coordinated between different institutions.
K. Budrys admitted that “opinions are divided” regarding the financing of national defense.
After Russia started aggression in Ukraine, Lithuania’s defense budget was increased to 2.5%. GDP. If it is raised to 3%, the financing of national defense would increase by about 285 million. euros.
“We’re pushing for an increase in the defense budget, and we’re looking to talk about 3 percent,” he said in an interview 15min said K. Budrys.
The 3 percent goal was recently set by neighboring Poland.
Finance Ministry 15min said that she could not name the defense budget envisaged in the latest projects.
The most important topics of the interview
- Russia’s plans to annex Ukrainian territories
- Western response to Russia’s use of nuclear weapons
- “Starting up” a European military industry
- Loopholes in the application of sanctions against Russia
- Negotiations on closing the border to the Russians
- Defense budget negotiations
- Lithuania’s military support to Ukraine
K.Budrys also said that in the European Union “the environment is becoming more and more favorable” for sanctions to be directed at the middle class of Russian society.
He said he was confident the West would maintain support for Ukraine despite the bitter winter.
– The USA warns that Russia may hold fictitious referendums in the occupied territories of Ukraine in the near future in order to annex them. Do you also have such data?
– Russia’s preparations for politically consolidating military achievements have been going on for some time.
Choose a payment method
Already a subscriber?
or log in with
Enter your mobile number and we will send you a code
We have sent a code to the mobile phone number. Enter it
Source: 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt.
*The article has been translated based on the content of 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!