Government spokesman reveals the schedule of “Prayut Chan-ocha” to join the Asian-European Leaders Forum ASEM 13 on 25-26 November 64 via a teleconference system.
On November 24, 2021, Mr. Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, spokesman for the Prime Minister’s Office revealed that General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister and Minister of Defense It is scheduled to attend the 13th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM 13) via teleconferencing system. Between 25 – 26 November 2021 at Phakdi Bodin Building Government House
This ASEM 13 meeting was conducted under the main theme of “Strengthening Multilateralism for Shared Growth” with Cambodia as the host of the meeting. It is also joining on behalf of the ASEAN Coordinator during the year 2021-2022. It is scheduled to deliver a vision statement on behalf of Thailand twice and on behalf of the ASEAN Coordinator twice.
As for the statement on behalf of Thailand at the 2nd Plenary Conference “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) and Economic and Social Recovery and Development”, the Prime Minister will draw on lessons from experience. compiled into concrete recommendations. for crossing the crisis into the Next Normal era
and presenting concrete examples of cooperation between Asia and Europe And at an informal Retreat Session, the Prime Minister will deliver a statement on behalf of Thailand, highlighting the importance of managing change during the transition to the Next Normal.
As part of the statement on behalf of the ASEAN Coordinator The Prime Minister will make a statement during the opening ceremony of the forum, reiterating the importance of a multilateral cooperation framework in dealing with global crises to support Asia-Europe cooperation. And during the joint press conference, the Prime Minister will reaffirm his support for multilateralism as a way for both large and small countries to participate in tackling global challenges. as well as presenting the importance of the ASEM meeting
ASEM is the only Asia-Europe Forum and Leadership Forum, held every other year, alternating with the ASEM Foreign Ministers Meeting (ASEM FMM). The ASEM framework covers three pillars: 1 Politics 2. economy 3, society, culture and others, with an emphasis on dialogue to exchange views and enhance understanding between the two regions. Thailand was one of the founding members of ASEM and hosted the 1st ASEM Leadership Meeting in 1996.
1. Thursday 25 November 2021
at 3 p.m.
- opening ceremony
- Statement of the opening of the meeting by the Chairman (Cambodia Prime Minister) and regional coordinator (President of the European Council President of the European Commission Prime Minister of the Russian State Prime Minister of Slovenia and the Prime Minister of Thailand)
at 3:50 p.m.
- Part 1 of the Plenary Conference on “The Role of ASEM in the Promotion of Multilateralism”
2. Friday, November 26, 2021
at 3 p.m.
- Plenary Session 2 “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) and Economic and Social Recovery and Development”
at 5:15 p.m.
- An informal meeting (Retreat) on ASEAN and important international issues.
at 6:50 p.m.
- Closing ceremony of the meeting
Time 19.00 –
- Joint press conference by the chairman (Cambodia Prime Minister) and regional coordinator (President of the European Council President of the European Commission Prime Minister of the Russian State Prime Minister of Slovenia and the Prime Minister of Thailand)
Read the original news: “Prayut” joins the 13th European-Asia Leaders Forum
Source: ประชาชาติธุรกิจ by www.prachachat.net.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ประชาชาติธุรกิจ by www.prachachat.net. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!