In terms of pricing, Nord 2 is similar to its predecessor and is positioned in the upper middle price range.
OnePlus has just unveiled its new Nord 2 5G smartphone. The novelty replaces the first-generation Nord model released a year ago. The new Nord 2 will be positioned in the OnePlusa system above the Nord CE model published in early summer and below the OnePlus 9 model published in the spring.
Externally, the design has been redesigned in the direction of the OnePlus 9 model released in the spring – the rear camera frame is wider and the main camera lenses are larger. The color options available in Finland are matt gray Gray Sierra and glossy turquoise Blue Haze. The frame of the device is plastic and the front and rear glass are Gorilla Glass 5 safety glass. The external dimensions have remained within a few tenths of a millimeter the same as the predecessor model.
Significant improvements have also been made on the iron side. Mediatek’s Dimensity 1200-AI circuit, whose artificial intelligence capabilities have been improved at the request of OnePlus, has been chosen as the system circuit. The processor performance of the circuit is said to have improved by 65% and the graphics performance by as much as 120% compared to the predecessor model’s Snapdragon 765G circuit. The storage type has been updated to the fast latest generation of UFS 3.1, which is also used in OnePlus 9 flagship models. On the connectivity side, the maximum speed of the 5G has increased and the device now supports Wi-Fi 6 as well as Bluetooth 5.2. The battery capacity has been increased to 4,500 milliamp-hours and the charging speed to 65 watts, which promises to charge the battery from zero to full in about 30 minutes.
In the camera department, reforms have taken place for the front camera and the rear main camera. The dual-front camera of the predecessor model has been abandoned and now only a 32-megapixel Sony IMX615-based implementation is ahead. On the back, the main camera has been switched to use a 50-megapixel IMX766 sensor familiar from the OnePlus 9 ultra-wide-angle cameras. The 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera has remained the same, but a separate macro camera has been abandoned and the third camera is a two-megapixel mono camera, which is apparently used to record both black-and-white images and depth-of-field information.
On the software side, Nord 2 uses the latest version 11.3 of OxygenOS, which brings with it features that take advantage of the system’s AI capabilities, such as improving screen colors and image resolution in certain applications, such as YouTube. OnePlus promises the next two Android version updates for the device, as well as three years of security fixes.
OnePlus Nord 2 5G specifications:
- External dimensions: 158.9 x 73.2 x 8.25 mm
- Weight: 189 grams
- Material: plastic frame, Gorilla Glass 5 glasses
- 6.43 ”AMOLED display, 1080 x 2400, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 90 Hz, sRGB & DCI-P3
- Mediatek Dimensity 1200-AI system circuit
- 1 x 3,0 GHz Cortex-A78 CPU
- 3 x 2,6 GHz Cortex-A78 CPU
- 4 x 2,0 GHz Cortex-A55 CPU
- ARM Mali-G787 MC9 GPU
- 8 or 12 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128 or 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage space
- 5G NSA & SA connections, Sub 6 GHz (N1, N3, N7, N8, N20, N28, N38, N41, N78), 2.95 Gbit / s download speed
- LTE Cat.18/13 -yhteydet (1200/150 Mbit/s), 4×4 MIMO, Dual SIM
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, 2,4 & 5 GHz
- Bluetooth 5.2 (aptX HD, LDAC, AAC), NFC
- GPS (L1 + L5), GLONASS, Galileo (E1 + E5a), Beidou, NavIC
- Four-poster camera:
- 50 megapixel Sony IMX766 sensor, 1 um pixel size, PDAF, f1.88, OIS, wide angle lens
- 8 megapixel sensor, f2.25, 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens
- 2 megapixel mono camera, f2.5
- dual LED flash
- 4K 30 FPS video recording, 1080p 120 FPS slow motion video
- Front camera: 32 megapixel Sony IMX615 sensor, Quad Bayer, f2.45, fixed focus
- 4500 mAh dual cell battery, USB Type-C (USB 2.0), 65 W Warp Charge 65 quick charge
- Android 11 & OxygenOS 11.3, 2 Android version updates, 3 years security fixes
The starting price of the OnePlus Nord 2 5G is 399 euros and it gets an 8 & 128 gigabyte memory variant. A more plush 12 & 256GB memory combination is available for an additional € 100 (€ 499). Pre-sale of the Nord 2 will begin today and the device will be available on 28 July.
Source: io-tech.fi by www.io-tech.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of io-tech.fi by www.io-tech.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!