After 43 years, Italy reached the roof of Europe again, defeating England in the EURO2020 final after taking a penalty 3: 2 (1: 1 in the regular season).
While the Azure are celebrating with their fans in Rome, where they were given a spectacular welcome, the English are mourning and analyzing the mistakes that cost them a miss from the penalty spot.
Some experts around the world claim that the players who entered the very finish of the game, such as Rasford i Sancho, they should not have shot, because they had almost no contact with the ball before the penalty, while others believe that penalties are always a lottery, and that the cup deservedly goes to Italy.
Among those who watched the finale with care European Championship there were also our celebrated coaches and former aces, Aleksandar Stanojevic black and white strategist, goalkeeper Ivica Kralj, Ljubinko Drulović, member of the professional staff of the A national team Bratislav Zivkovic in coach Aleksandar Veselinović which “Heineken” gathered at an exclusive event on Sunday night in Belgrade.
– Of course, it is better for a football player to be fresh when he takes penalties, but he needs to play for at least 10 minutes, that is my opinion. I have to be honest and admit that I am not the most competent to judge, because we lost after taking penalties in the cup final against the eternal rival. But I don’t believe in happiness. I believe in strategy, and Italians always have it. It was set up like that, maybe the English had more pressure, they played at home, with a full stadium, and it’s different pressure from the penalty spot – he says Stanojevic.
In the analysis of the finals, our coach emphasizes the strength of the Italians to equalize after a shocking start when they quickly conceded a goal.
– For me, the biggest impression of the game is that the Italians managed to return after a bad first half. The English were exceptional at the beginning, and with three behind they made a certain surprise. The Italians were harmless, but they scored from the break and the game totally turned around. Congratulations on that. They were constant throughout the championship and all the time, they haven’t known defeat for 30 games and they deserved the title – he said Stanojevic.
Aleksandar Veselinović adds that England coach Southgate made a mistake in choosing the player for the penalties.
– When you get the winner of the European Championship after a penalty, then those are the nuances and some factor of happiness. However, for me, the young players of the English national team who performed penalties were a surprise, because the choice had to be different. I think that it is generally better for football in Europe that Italy has become the champion of Europe. My emotions were on that side. At the same time, what was fascinating to me when I watched Italy is the way the players sing the anthem and with what energy they enter every game. I think that some justice has been served, and if I have to say as a fan, after that match between England and Denmark, I still think that everything has fallen into place and that Italy deservedly won the title of European champion.
Ljubinko Drulović enjoyed the final at the Heineken event, pointing out that the trophy is going in the right hands.
– It was really a nice final and EURO2020 ended in the best possible way, this European Championship ended. After the overtime, we got the Italians as new champions, and they took over that role from Portugal, but quite deservedly. They controlled the match. Although they won on penalties and were more successful in the penalty lottery, I think they were better than the English throughout the game, even though the hosts had that advantage at the beginning.
Ivica Kralj considers that the goalkeepers have decided the winner.
– It’s always like that in penalties. It was a quality match, worthy of the final of the European Championship. The Italians deservedly won the title because they were dominant from the second round. The English had the advantage of playing as many as six games in London, and that was on their side. The whole championship was very interesting, a little unusual considering that it was played in 12 cities in Europe. There were a lot of surprises which shows that the quality is not a surprise, and at the same time there was no outsider or team that really disappointed.
Bratislav Zivkovic was also at heart with the Italians throughout EURO2020.
– The title was won by the national team that showed the most from the first game to this final, quite deservedly. It would not be undeserved if England won, however, my heart is full since I am especially attached to Italy and I cheered for them with all my heart. From the first game until today, they played the best football. They were distinguished by great energy and I think that after one debacle in 2018, when they did not go to the World Cup, Mancini managed to get out of that situation stronger and throughout the competition they showed, from game to game, exactly the energy needed to win the European Championship. championship – he concludes Zivkovic.
Source: HotSport by hotsport.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of HotSport by hotsport.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!