The 22nd of November is now the official international trip (Go for a ride day). On a day celebrated all over the world, forget about work and school and go out to enjoy a rural or urban view, on foot or on wheels.
Senior citizens have accumulated considerable mileage of trips in Israel and abroad. They are an audience with broad and varied general knowledge and very thirsty to learn and get acquainted with new things.
In the third and fourth ages there is a great variety of abilities: from hikers who do not fall short of the pace and abilities of much younger ones to the physically handicapped. Therefore, adapting the nature of the trip and the route to the abilities of the hikers and hikers is very significant for creating a real pleasure experience.
If you want to join your grandparents for a joint family trip, all of these must be taken into account, especially when planning a trip for a group of 20 to 40 participants. The existing differences in the different areas of interest of the participants such as nature, archeology, art, folklore, culinary and the like should also be taken into account.
A few things to keep in mind:
1. Stairs: Whether it is the high steps of the tourist bus or the steps leading to the site and within the site of the visit. Orthopedic surgeries or problems will make it difficult for travelers.
2. Hiking trails: Those that allow for occasional sitting and for not too long periods of time. Routes that allow walking without fear of tripping and falling. Railings for narrow paths and bridges are important. It is also important to have adequate lighting in places such as caves.
3. Duration of the trip: Some senior travelers cannot enjoy a trip that lasts for many hours. Therefore for them it is worth planning a trip for half a day, of visiting one or two sites, with short walking routes, a good meal and back in time for lunch.
4. Schedule: The schedule of a trip with senior citizens will be less “crowded”. That is, do not run from site to site “to make ends meet.” The conduct is in return.
5. Services: A natural and immensely important subject. It is worth planning a continuous trip of no more than an hour and a half at most, at the end of which there is also the possibility of visiting the toilets. It is also important to have accessible toilet facilities for those who use a treadmill and wheelchairs. When we were young, any rock or shrub was enough. In old age this can be problematic, or even impossible, especially for the women in the group.
6. Special adjustments: A trip with adults who have difficulty with mobility is an important and special experience for me. The use of a treadmill or wheelchair is common among senior citizens and it is important that these people also get to get out of the walls of their apartment, breathe fresh air and enjoy the experience called a “trip”. On such a trip, additional special adjustments are needed, such as replacing the regular tourist bus with a newsletter. In such a bus, a large part of the seats will be evacuated in favor of anchoring the wheelchairs. The process of getting on and off the bus and to the bus and visiting sites will take three times as long as usual. It is therefore advisable to plan for no more than two boarding and alighting. This means a visit to one significant tourist site, and lunch at a restaurant that is recommended to combine an experience – an interesting lecture, a unique view or an authentic local show.
Travelers of all ages love to see and enjoy new places and get to know fun experiences. Adjustments to the route and pace of the trip can also help grandparents join a family trip or a group of senior citizens and travel together to almost anywhere.
The author is a guide and a tenant in sheltered housing Ahuzat Tzahala
Source: Maariv.co.il – תיירות by www.maariv.co.il.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Maariv.co.il – תיירות by www.maariv.co.il. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!