Who does not dream of getting into a preheated car these days?
Maybe with heat in the seat and steering wheel heat ready to start?
Danish customers now have access to the latest generation of BMW’s mobile app. In addition to a new design and an improved, intuitive user interface, the “My BMW” app has several services that enhance the digital experience around the car and make it easier to optimize electric driving.
Since 2013, BMW has offered its customers a simple and smooth connection between the user’s smartphone and the car – first with the BMWi Remote app and then with the BMW Connected app. The latest generation of the app is now available in 30 European countries – including Denmark.
The My BMW app has a new and modern design, an intuitive and improved user experience as well as several new features that support electric driving.
“With the new generation, BMW customers get access to a modern and digital experience in relation to the car, both before, during and after the trip – with a number of practical and in-demand functions both when in the car and at a distance,” says Peter Maier, Product Manager Digital Services, BMW Nordic.
- The My BMW app connects driver and car, no matter where you are. It can display the status of the car and activate functions remotely. This can be, for example, the car’s position and locking and unlocking of doors.
- It is easy to plan your trip from home by selecting destinations via the integrated search function. These can be sent directly from the app to the car’s navigation system. This also works for third-party apps. The map shows the current traffic situation, charging and filling stations as well as parking options.
- The app can send notifications of available Remote Software Upgrades, which can be easily downloaded from home before being transferred and installed in the car. In this way, customers with “BMW Operating System 7” can easily get software updates with new and improved features.
- With the BMW Digital Key, an iPhone can be used as a car key. This can be set via the My BMW app (requires the necessary hardware in the car). With this feature, a BMW can be operated without a physical car key, and up to five other people can be granted access via the app.
- New features for BMW’s electrified cars: Improved overview of electric range, charging status and history. With the built-in charging and air conditioning function, energy consumption can be optimized by setting specific times for start-up. This preheats or cools the car for optimal comfort in all kinds of weather.
- Personalization: Once your BMW ID is connected, personal preferences for the current car can be set automatically. To transfer his personal settings, it is enough to scan the QR code via the app instead of manually entering the username and password. In the app you can also select a profile picture, which is automatically transferred to the car.
- The My BMW app provides direct access to BMW’s services. Use the app for direct contact with the authorized BMW service workshops, get an overview of the car’s service needs, book an appointment at the workshop or contact BMW Roadside Assistance if there are any problems with the car.
- The app also provides easy access to BMW Online shop and BMW ConnectedDrive Store.
The My BMW app can be downloaded for free via the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
Source: IT-Kanalen by it-kanalen.dk.
*The article has been translated based on the content of IT-Kanalen by it-kanalen.dk. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!