The refusal of any new compromise with Serbia united the parliamentary political parties in Kosovo, which unanimously said that Kosovo in the dialogue with Serbia should not reach any agreement that is to its own detriment, reports Kosovo Press.
The position of the political parties is that “Kosovo has made enough compromises by accepting Ahtisaari’s plan.”
The member of the Self-Determination Movement, Artan Abrashi, says that Kurti’s government will not accept anything that harms Kosovo within the dialogue with Serbia.
– We were constantly told that the last and most painful compromise was Ahtisaari’s plan. Unfortunately, although there was an ICJ opinion that gave Kosovo the right to independence, the irresponsible political class went through a new kind of process that stagnated everything in Kosovo. Everything is now hostage to the will or approval of Serbia regarding Kosovo. We have a stagnation of recognition that has gone very well. Therefore, we cannot accept to continue in the same spirit that brought consequences for Kosovo – said Abrashi.
He added that it is urgently necessary to review the conditions of this dialogue and start different negotiations.
– We commit ourselves to the resolution of the Assembly of Kosovo, which was adopted on March 15, 2020, in which the red lines are defined, the framework of which the Government of Kosovo must strictly adhere to. Unitary character of the state, internal institutional functioning, institutional integrity, territory and constitutional order. No government has the legitimacy to question them, he said.
Former member of the presidency of the Democratic Party of Kosovo, Betim Djosi, also demands great attention in this issue, which shows three principles that Kosovo should not negotiate in the dialogue.
– Kosovo must preserve its sovereignty, internal functioning and any agreement must be in accordance with the Constitution of Kosovo, and the agreement must include mutual recognition. So, Kosovo should get a place in the UN and recognition of Serbia. Any other topic that is being discussed today is not in the interest of the citizens of Kosovo – he said.
LDK presidency member Teuta Sahatdzija has a similar opinion, saying that “any new compromise would be harmful for Kosovo.”
– In many dialogues with the international community, it was said that Ahtisaari’s document is the maximum compromise that Kosovo gives, and after this document, all European countries will recognize us and we will be part of the United Nations and others. Therefore, I think that Kosovo has made maximum compromises so far, and any compromise required of Kosovo would be detrimental to the progress and functionality of Kosovo – says Sahatdzija.
Alliance for the Future of Kosovo MP Palj Ljekaj speaks in the same voice.
– I don’t know what they think, but Kosovo has made a lot of compromises and we should think about ourselves in consultation with our international friends – he said.
Source: Vesti online by www.vesti-online.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Vesti online by www.vesti-online.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!