On Saturday evening, a one-storey house with a half-timbered facade burned out on Heckenhofstrasse in Pohlhausen. The fire brigade was initially alerted to a chimney fire around 8 p.m. A chimney sweep also came to the address given. But when the first emergency services arrived, the flames were already beating out of the roof.
The residents were able to escape to the outside. They were taken care of by the ambulance. The building is surrounded by hedges and bushes, which made it difficult for firefighters to put out the fire. The neighboring houses in the narrow development were not endangered. Two cats were still missing as of Saturday night.
A dark cloud of smoke hung over the village, but lifted upwards. The emergency services covered the roof in order to be able to fight all embers. Around 50 firefighters and paramedics were on duty, and emergency chaplains were also on site to look after the residents. In the meantime, the fire brigade has been supplied with new extinguishing equipment and fresh clothing. The extinguishing work dragged on into the night. (rvg)
Source: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger – Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger by www.ksta.de.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger – Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger by www.ksta.de. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!