This is an ad. It is not written by Ny Teknik’s editorial staff.
As more services and more and more data are moved to the cloud, the complexity of IT managers at Swedish universities and higher education institutions also increases. How do you manage your data best between different cloud services – and at the same time meet all the requirements for data storage? At Proact’s digital university meetings, there is an opportunity to dive deep into the subject.
That data is seen as an organization’s main asset in the digital age is nothing new. But for the “new gold” to also be able to create value for organizations and institutions, the right management is required. Proact, Europe’s leading, independent integrator in data centers and cloud services, knows how to go about it.
– One could say that our business has never been as relevant as now, when the amount of data is growing rapidly and data has become an important resource for many organizations. In short, we make sure to build the right IT infrastructure for data and protect it, says Per Sedihn, CTO at Proact.
Digital university meeting for IT managers
On 16 September, IT managers from Swedish universities and universities will be welcomed to Proact’s digital industry meeting. During a two-hour webinar, the company highlights challenges, experiences and opportunities in the education system in particular. In addition, three customers of Proact will participate – one of them is the University of Gothenburg – who, among other things, will tell more about the importance of backup.
In connection with the university moving its mail servers to Office 365 a year ago, they also chose to supplement the new cloud solution with local mail backup from Proact, which strengthened data protection. The basis for the decision to invest in backup was a major breakdown of the university’s mail servers.
– Previously, there were some divided opinions about whether we needed to take our own backups from Office 365, but the experience from the incident was decisive for the decision to obtain such a solution, says Jani Gröndahl who works with the university’s IT infrastructure.
Maximize the value of your data
How do you really succeed in maximizing the value of your data? And which way to store data is best – in your own data center, in the cloud or by buying storage as some form of service, from IT providers like Proact?
– More and more people are choosing a combination of these strategies, a so-called multicloud solution, which we will talk more about during the industry meeting. Today it is a matter of finding the right mix of different types of IT solutions that offer dynamic flexibility, without technical obstacles. It will simply be a mixture of different ways of handling your data, says Per Sedihn.
More people are opening their eyes to multicloud
With Proact’s own multicloud solution Proact Hybrid Cloud (PHC), Swedish universities are offered an opportunity to manage their data in a better and more secure way. PHC is based on NetApp technology, where Proact connected public cloud services and created access between its own data center and the customer’s “on prem” solutions in Swedish data centers.
– We will tell more about PHC during the seminar. A big advantage is that everything is connected in a simple and stable way, where the customer can monitor and scale up and down the various solutions according to wishes and needs, says Jonas Hasselberg, CEO of Proact.
Thanks to the fact that Proact is part of the OCRE agreement, where European higher education institutions can procure cloud services in a joint framework agreement, customers can quickly and easily gain access to the PHC platform.
– We can offer our PHC solution according to this agreement. This means that colleges and universities in Sweden do not need to make a new procurement, but only call for this agreement. We are ready to deliver, says Jonas Hasselberg.
Proact is Europe’s leading independent integrator in data centers and cloud services. By delivering flexible, accessible and secure IT solutions and services, they help companies and authorities reduce risks and costs, while increasing flexibility, productivity and efficiency. The company has completed over 5,000 successful projects around the world, has more than 3,500 customers and currently handles over 100 petabytes of information in the cloud. Read more here!
This is an advertisement. It is not written by Ny Teknik’s editorial staff. In case you have comments on the content of the ad, please contact the advertiser.
Do you want to advertise or get in touch with Ny Teknik’s commercial editorial staff? Send an email to [email protected]
Source: Nyteknik – Senaste nytt by www.nyteknik.se.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Nyteknik – Senaste nytt by www.nyteknik.se. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!