How to destroy mold by giving new life to clothes with a natural and green method: our solution with a home made product.
The mold is a problem for many: many homes have a high humidity and store old clothes and textiles in cantina it is not at all simple. Mushrooms they accumulate and it is good to know how to get rid of them.
They can affect food, walls but also clothes that need a new life. Ignoring it can be bad for your health – mold can cause allergy at the respiratory level especially in people who are already sensitive from this point of view or who suffer from asthma.
Mold on clothes: natural remedies
The growth of mold on clothes is quite common and can be due to many factors: our bad habit of leaving it wet laundry in the washing machine, environmental problems in the laundry area, very high humidity. An effective strategy must be adopted. The remedies available in nature are not few and here we propose some of them:
- Baking soda: pretreat the mold stains with baking soda after having moistened them, let them act and then brush well before washing in the washing machine.
- Coconut oil: useful to always keep at home because it solves many problems, this type of oil is also effective against mold. Contains lauric and caprylic acids that are extremely aggressive towards fungi and bacteria.
- Marseille soap: is a universal remedy for many laundry-related battles, such as stain treatment. Solid or liquid with hot water, scrubbing well with a laundry brush the result is guaranteed.
- Distilled water: Since the distillation process results in a water free of microbial contaminants, it is the best choice for any antifungal soap.
- Potassium hydroxide lye flakes: in this case they are mainly used in the preventive process because they manipulate the pH of any substance or material they come into contact with.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!