Actor Sofiane Bennacer, 25, was indicted in October for the alleged rapes of two former girlfriends and violence against a third, reports on Tuesday evening The Parisian. Reveal of the latest film by Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi, The Almond Treesreleased in November, the actor “disputes everything”, told AFP Edwige Roux-Morizot, prosecutor of Mulhouse (Haut-Rhin) where the case is being investigated.
“There were two indictments for acts of rape” on two ex-companions as well as a third “indictment for violence against a spouse”, specified the magistrate. As part of a fourth complaint filed by another former companion who denounced acts of rape, he was placed under the more favorable status of assisted witness. The actor was placed under judicial supervision. The prosecution had initially requested his placement in pre-trial detention.
His judicial control prohibits him from going to Paris and the Paris region, to Strasbourg as well as to Mulhouse. He is also prohibited from meeting the plaintiffs and witnesses, including Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi, heard as a witness in the case. According The Parisianthe director would be the partner of the actor.
“Relationships not consented to”
The alleged facts would have occurred between 2018 and 2019 in Mulhouse, Strasbourg and Paris, and the alleged victims evolve in the world of theater. According to The Parisian, one of the complainants claims that the actor would have abused her behind the scenes of the theater school of La Filature, in Mulhouse. The alleged victims “describe an affair under the influence, during which non-consensual relations would have taken place”, affirms the Ile-de-France daily.
The National Theater of Strasbourg (TNS), where Sofiane Bennacer had been admitted to school in 2019, had seized the Ministry of Culture of the facts “of sexist, sexual violence and harassment of which she had been informed”, according to the newspaper . The ministry then made a report to the courts, said prosecutor Edwige Roux-Morizot, without specifying the date.
Sofiane Bennacer is one of sixteen actors (and sixteen actresses) selected in mid-November as “emerging talents” by the Revelations Committee of the Académie des César. Committee which, according to The Parisian, would however have been aware “of the rumors of sexual assault which hovered around the young man”. The list of “emerging talents” is sent “for information” to members of the Academy as part of their vote for the 2023 Césars for Best Female Hope and Best Male Hope.
Source: Le Progrès : info et actu nationale et régionale – Rhône, Loire, Ain, Haute-Loire et Jura | Le Progrès by www.leprogres.fr.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Le Progrès : info et actu nationale et régionale – Rhône, Loire, Ain, Haute-Loire et Jura | Le Progrès by www.leprogres.fr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!