Max, the merger of HBO Max and Discovery +, is presented on April 12

A little over a year ago we learned, for the first time, of plans to merge HBO Max and Discovery+. It is a logical and expected movement, as we remember that the two companies on which each of the services depend, WarnerMedia and Discovery, began a merger operation that was accepted by the shareholders on March 11, 2022. As a result, the WarnerMedia shareholders (mainly AT&T) received 71% of the shares of the new company, while those of Discovery kept the remaining 29%.

Some measures of this operation were noticed almost immediately, such as the closure of the newborn CNN+, which did not reach a month of life, but others have progressed substantially more slowly, and the main example of this is the merger that now it occupies us In the summer of last year we learned that the goal was to carry it out in the United States in 2023most likely in the summer, and that the international expansion of the resulting platform, which we learned not long ago will be called Max, would take place from 2024, without dates or more specific data.

During this time we have had some news about the new service, such as its name or that the company is considering the possibility of raising its price with respect to that of HBO Max, but At the moment, the expected official presentation has not yet taken place of the same. We can understand that this has been due to the fact that there were many aspects that still had to be specified, and that those responsible have preferred to put all the dots on the ies before launching themselves to present their new service.

Max, the merger of HBO Max and Discovery +, is presented on April 12

It seems, however, that the time has finally come because, according to we read in ComicBook, Max will be presented at an event that will take place on April 12, within 10 days, at 10 a.m. in the Pacific time zone, 7:00 p.m. in mainland Spain. His name is not mentioned explicitly, but the company claims that the event will be dedicated to “the next improved direct-to-consumer streaming product«, so you don’t have to be very clever to understand that we are talking about Max.

This fits quite well with a rumor that has spread recently, that Max could finally debut in the United States this spring, and not in the summer as previous rumors indicated. This makes a lot of sense if we take into account how hectic the streaming platform industry has been in recent times, with increasingly intense competition and numbers that do not satisfy shareholders.

Another rumor that has spread, in view of the possible imminent launch, is that finally there would be no price increase (at least in the United States and during this 2023), although this point is still not clear at all. And nothing has been revealed about the international expansion plans either, both in terms of dates and prices and catalogue, so we will remain attentive to the event on the 12th, in case more information is provided about Max’s future plans in our country. .

Source: MuyComputer by

*The article has been translated based on the content of MuyComputer by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!