Market: Yaremchuk leaves Benfica to reinforce Club Brugge for 16 ME


Benfica announced today that it has reached an agreement with Belgian club Brugge for the transfer of Ukrainian international player Roman Yaremchuk, for 16 million euros (ME), a year after being hired by the ‘incarnates’.

In a statement sent to the Securities Market Commission (CMVM), the Lisbon club states that the value of the transfer will be “plus an additional amount of €3,000,000 (three million euros), depending on the achievement of objectives related to the sporting performance of Club Brugge and the player”.

“Additionally, Benfica SAD will also be entitled to receive 10% of the value of a future transfer of the referred player, if the value of that transfer is equal to or greater than €10,000,000 (ten million euros). this agreement, Benfica SAD acquired 25% of the economic rights of the aforementioned player, which were still held by KAA Gent, for an amount of €3,000,000 (three million euros)”, revealed Benfica.

The Benfica emblem also informed that Club Brugge “will have the right to retain the solidarity mechanism for later distribution to the clubs that participated in the player’s training and Benfica SAD will have charges for intermediation services of 5% of the sale value deducted from the amount of solidarity”.

The 26-year-old forward thus returns to the Belgian championship, in which he represented Gent for four seasons, between 2017 and 2021, before being hired by Benfica, which last year paid 17 ME for 75% of the rights. player’s economics. The remaining 25% were, however, acquired for three million euros, according to a statement from Benfica, so the ‘incarnates’ ended up spending a total of 20 ME in the acquisition of the player from Gent.

Now, Yaremchuk will play for the Belgian champion Club Brugge, current leader of the championship – along with Antwerp – and also an opponent of FC Porto in group B of the Champions League.

The Ukrainian striker, trained at Dinamo Kiev, arrived in Lisbon ‘labeled’ as a goalscorer, taking into account the 61 goals scored in 152 games for Gent, but ended up not confirming the ‘credentials’ at Luz.

For Benfica, he started in just 23 of the 47 matches played, scoring nine goals, a record that will hardly be inseparable from the war that broke out in his country in February.

This season, under the command of German Roger Schmidt, he participated in five matches, none of which were part of the ‘eleven’.


Source: Futebol 365 – Notícias by www.futebol365.pt.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Futebol 365 – Notícias by www.futebol365.pt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!