You’ll probably see them regularly on Instagram Reels and TikTok: cool clothing changes, products that stack up quickly, cool transitions, slow mo’s and fast videos. But how do you do that? In this article (with instructional videos) I explain the basic steps of these tricks.
Step 1: Find Reel, Challenge or Music
Do you want to respond to a trend, challenge or hip song? Then first look for an example reel or find the right number. For example, you can search for songs that are frequently used, but you can also see which challenges fit your goal and target group.
In the evening I regularly scroll through Instagram Reels. If I come across a nice music or cool challenge, I save the Reel. Then I will continue with it at a later time.
Step 2: Analyze the Reel and/or Music and Audio
Very important in making Reels is how the music is used. Editing is regularly done to the beat of the music, or something appears at a certain moment or word during a song. It is also possible that certain things are said, so it is important to analyze this well in advance and to master the timing.
If it concerns a certain challenge, it is good to see what exactly you need (clothing / products / make-up) and what comes into the picture when.
Step 3: make a plan
It may help to write down the steps. Even though a Reel seems so short, sometimes quite a few complicated things happen that require smart preparation key is. A short step-by-step plan can be very useful. For example, it could look like this:
- Shot 1: Walk into view and hold up hand, snap hand.
- Shot 2: cut with hand, different outfit, look surprised. Then move your hand over the camera lens to the beat.
- Shot 3: hand comes off camera lens, hair is loose. smile. Hand up, cut to size.
- Shot 4: snap with hand, hat appears on head. Look happy. Walk out of sight.
Step 4: this is how you film within Instagram Reels
You have your plan. Such as the audio/music selected and all products and your camera (phone) are ready. Then you can start recording! You can record and edit live within Reels. Very useful, especially if you want to follow the music/audio well. I usually follow these steps:
- First, find the music or audio.
- Turn on your timer (at 3 seconds or 10 seconds) to give yourself some time before the recording starts.
- Adjust a filter if necessary.
- Adjust the speed if necessary (here you determine whether your video is in slow motion or accelerated).
- Shorten each clip if you want and add text over it.
- Are you filming a transition to the next clip? Then use the ‘align’ function to align the two clips properly. For example, in a quick change of clothes. Watch the video how i do that:
Step 5: Keep Practicing With Instagram Reels
Making Reels seems so easy, because they are so short. You might be surprised at how much time and precision it takes to get a Reel right. My biggest advice is to keep practicing.
In this video I’ll show you how I made a reel, in which bracelets pile up on my arm. Not perfect yet, but practice makes perfect!
Source: Frankwatching by feedproxy.google.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Frankwatching by feedproxy.google.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!