On Saturday, a part of the voters from the Majdanpek municipality will go to the polls again, since voting is repeated at four polling stations due to irregularities. Nearly 1,500 voters have the right to vote in these four seats, and their votes will decide which of the five parties and groups of citizens who secured seats in the local parliament will improve the election result.
Local elections will be repeated in Debeli Lug, Klokocevac, Kopana Glavica and one polling station in Donji Milanovac. In total, there are 1,464 voters at these four polling stations, which is about nine percent of the registered voters for this year’s local elections.
The Progressives have secured a majority in the local parliament, and in addition to them, there will be socialists, representatives of Dveri and two groups of citizens in the new convocation of the local parliament: I will not give and I can do otherwise. Mathematically, changes can occur, but realistically – very difficult.
– I do not expect anything spectacular from the repeated elections because the repeated elections are characterized by lower turnout. It is symptomatic that the elections are repeated in places where the group “Maybe in a different way” achieved good results, so it may happen that they will be left without one councilor after this repetition. We will see what will happen – Dragan Manojlović, the holder of the list Serbian Movement Dveri, says for Danas with his heart for Majdanpek.
The Socialists are satisfied with the election results in both the parliamentary and local elections, the president of the Majdanpek Socialists, Slavisa Bozinovic, told us.
– With this result, we managed to consolidate our electorate in the municipality of Majdanpek. The SPS has doubled its rating in relation to the elections held in 2018, and we socialists are especially happy that we have won this trust of the people in the municipality, as the SPS. We showed
to have a stable electorate, to preserve the identity of our party and to pursue a state-building policy, and to have Ivica Dacic as Prime Minister. With the repeated elections on four bm, we expect an even better election result and the sixth councilor in the local parliament – Bozinovic told us.
Martin Bežinarević, the leader of the “Maybe It’s Different” list, believes that the repeat elections in only four polling stations are insufficient, given that the Municipal Election Commission rejected their request to repeat the voting in Golubinje and Leskovo, where serious irregularities were noticed.
– However, the repetition of elections even at only four polling stations can seriously shake the account of the Serbian Progressive Party, which for now, despite all the embezzlements, “Bulgarian trains”, blackmail and pressure, has only a narrow majority. That is why I call on my fellow citizens to persevere in the fight for our Majdanpek and to go to the polls on Saturday and vote for the opposition – Bežinarević told Danas.
According to him, this list managed to reach a large number of people in a short time, without expensive advertisements, rented halls and billboards.
– It is a clear sign that the people of Majdanpek want change and that they have recognized in us sincere comrades against the corrupt regime that is destroying our city – concludes Bežinarević
He also says that the trust gained by the “Moće i drugači” groups will not fail and that no post-election cooperation “with those who turned Majdanpek into a black hole in Serbia is out of the question” and that the Majdanpek parliament will stick to what they gathered for – applying a new approach to policy.
– Politics disgusted people here for a reason, because the people have been deceiving and cheating for 30 years. We will change that by being the voice of the citizens, and not this or that party, this or that leader. We will fight to solve the problem of every citizen of Majdanpek. There is no rest until every problem is cleaned up, until a solution is found and implemented for each of them, and until every dinar that enters the municipal coffers ends up where it should be – to improve the lives of all Majdanpek residents, not just a few close ones. authorities – Bežinarević told Danas.
According to Manojlović, Dveri is not thinking about post-election coalitions for now.
– As before, in the local Assembly, we will point out the problems that need to be solved and point out all the irregularities, and we will fight for the interests of the citizens, not personal ones – Manojlović told us.
Recalling that the SPS did not focus its election campaign on criticism at any time, but on the state-building policy for the future of Serbia, as well as on the development program of the Majdanpek municipality, Slavisa Bozinovic points out that what lies ahead is “for everyone who promised to the people to fulfill his promise”.
– After the end of the repeated elections on April 16, I expect a conversation with the leaders of the SNS about the formation of the local government, because we want to be in power in order to realize our program and promise to the people – said Slavisa Bozinovic.
Unlike the previous convocation of the Municipal Assembly, which consisted of councilors from three lists: SNS, SPS – JS and Dveri, now there are also councilors from two groups of citizens in the local parliament. Whether and how much the balance of power will change will be known in a few days, after the repeat elections at four polling stations.
Read more news from this city in a special link.
Source: Dnevni list Danas by www.danas.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Dnevni list Danas by www.danas.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!