The low consumption hair dryers allow you to obtain the results of normal hair dryers, but with an important reduction on the electricity bill.
Everyone has one at home, and for a very simple reason. Beyond the aesthetic charms, a phon is essential to avoid ailments, joint and muscle problems, especially in winter. The flow of hot air in fact allows the body to be dried very quickly, so as to avoid exposing oneself to room temperature even with damp hair.
The hidden costs of the hairdryer
What many ignore (or maybe they know, but don’t notice) is that the vast majority of hairdryers in circulation consume a amount of frightening energy which can exceed 2,400 watts of power. To have a yardstick, just think that the normal energy supply for residential homes corresponds to about 3,000 Wh. Which means that, after getting out of the shower, you could almost commit 2/3 of the maximum deliverable energy throughout the house.
Obviously this would be nothing if it happened occasionally; but multiply this consumption by all the times the hairdryer is used, for all home users. In a family of 4 who shower every day, and who use the hair dryer for 5 minutes each, we arrive at a daily expense of about 15 cents which, at the end of the month, raises the electricity bill by about € 5 : let’s talk about € 60 a year just to dry your hair.
And this in the end would also be the lesser of evils. The real problem is environmental impact the habits of all Italians put together (ok, maybe someone takes a little less showers, but that’s another story); because the more electricity we consume, the more we pollute.
And it is on the basis of this awareness that the market offers more and more models of low consumption hairdryer, more ecological and sustainable for the environment. They consume much less at the Watt level (-30% approximately), but guarantee a drying experience comparable to traditional models. All using two principles: high but not excessive consumption (usually on the 1.400W) which however allow to shorten the times, e optimization of drying (through various technologies, including ionic in some cases).
And let’s be clear. Even the eco hair dryers have an impact on the environment, but they are certainly much less so than traditional models; and if a large slice of users switched to the new models, the entire planet would pull a sigh of relief.
Ionic technology emits negative ions that divide the water molecules, hydrating the hair and making the hairstyle more immediate. In theory, adding this feature only slightly increases the overall power consumption of the device, but the reduction in drying times pays off abundantly. We can summarize briefly i advantages of ionic hair dryers in 3 points:
- Faster drying: The ions break up the aqueous network that lines the hair, increasing the dissipation of water molecules by evaporation, and favoring absorption. The result is savings in the bill, almost halved times and softer and shinier hair.
- Eliminate static electricity: Those with long hair know this. The static that builds up on the keratin ruins hairstyles and makes hair dry and brittle. By contrasting the positive ions, the ionic hair dryers give the style a professional look that lasts longer.
- Softness and Splendor: The ionic technology makes the hair softer and shinier, protecting it and keeping it deeply hydrated.
Tips for Optimizing Drying
Per reduce the environmental impact of drying hair, there is a series of tips to always keep in mind:
- Do your wallet and the planet a favor, and buy one low consumption hairdryer. They cost little more or exactly like the others.
- Try to use the hair dryer for the time strictly necessary.
- Unplug the hair dryer from the socket when not in use. This prevents a very small but still real waste of current.
- Before starting with the hairstyle, ventilate the bathroom so as to eliminate excess moisture; in a dry environment, hair dryers are faster and more efficient.
The Best Low Power Hair Dryers of 2021
The best seller
Il Non Plus Ultra
Source: GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!