President Zuzana Čaputová appoints a new government led by Ľudovít Ódor. He will then symbolically take over the office from Eduard Heger.
The head of state officially announced the names of the members of the new government of experts on Friday. She had already prepared the list in January, the name of the prime minister in the spring. She still negotiated the final form with party leaders. Prime Minister Ľudovít Ódor communicated with most of the ministers and had the right of veto.Read more See the profiles of the new ministers: Which experts will lead Slovakia to early elections?
Some replacements were harder to find than others. So far, only Saxony has declared support for the caretaker government, the other parties are waiting for the government’s program statement. The opposition refuses to support it.
List of members of the new government
- Prime Minister: Ľudovít Ódor
- Deputy Prime Minister of the Government of the Slovak Republic for the Recovery and Resilience Plan and the use of European funds: Lívia Vašáková
- Foreign Minister: Miroslav Wlachovsky
- Ministry of Interior: Ivan Šimko
- Defense Minister: Martin Sklenár
- Ministry of Justice: Jana Dubovcová
- Minister of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization: Peter Balík
- Minister of Agriculture: Jozef Bíreš
- Minister of Labour, Social Affairs and Family: Soňa Gaborčáková
- Minister of Economy: Peter Švec
- Minister of Finance: Michal Horváth
- Minister of Transport: Pavol Lančarič
- Minister of Education: Daniel Bútora
- Minister of Health: Michal Palkovič
- Minister of Culture: Silvia Hroncová
- Minister of the Environment: Milan Chrenko
Publicist Juraj Hrabko stated on TASR TV that Eduard Heger’s anti-corruption government fell paradoxically due to suspicion of corruption. According to his words, under these circumstances, the president had no other choice but to change the government.
Everything was started by the case of the former Minister of Agriculture Samuel Vlčan. The Department of the Environment provided a million subsidy to a company whose ultimate beneficiary is Vlčan. The National Crime Agency is already reviewing the subsidy.VIDEO: Debate in ta3: Čaputová explains why she procrastinated with the official government. Read more Records of Heger’s government. Eight resignations, the most dismissed minister and the longest program
Source: Pravda – Správy by spravy.pravda.sk.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Pravda – Správy by spravy.pravda.sk. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!