As previously reported, Apple released the official version of iOS 15. However, not all functions of this system work on older devices.
Some of them require at least an iPhone XS. Below is a list of functions that will be missing, among others, in the iPhone 6s, model 8 or version X.
- Surround audio for Group FaceTime calls makes people’s voices sound as if they’re coming from the direction they’re on the screen
- Sound isolation mode blocks out background noise, keeping your voice crystal clear
- Wide Spectrum mode lets you hear all ambient sounds while you talk
- Portrait mode blurs the background and focuses on you
- Detailed city maps display elevation levels, trees, buildings, landmarks, pedestrian crossings, u-turn lanes, and 3D views to navigate complex intersections and beyond San Francisco Bay, Los Angeles, New York, London, and more other cities that will be available in the future
- Immersive pedestrian routes show you turn-by-turn directions in augmented reality
- Interactive 3D globe shows enhanced details of mountain ranges, deserts, forests, oceans and more
- The house keys allow you to open a supported lock on the door of a house or apartment
- Text Live makes text in photos interactive, so you can copy and paste, search and translate in Photos, Screenshot, Quick Look, Safari, and in live previews with the Camera app
- New animated backgrounds show the position of the sun, clouds and precipitation more accurately
- Local processing means your command sounds won’t leave your device by default, and Siri can process multiple commands offline
- Personalization on the device enables better recognition and understanding of speech by Siri
The gait stability indicator can be used by iPhone 8 and newer owners. On the other hand, car keys with support for ultra-broadband connections are only available on iPhones series 11/12 and 13.
Source: Wiadomości z MyApple.pl by myapple.pl.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Wiadomości z MyApple.pl by myapple.pl. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!