A new version of Linux Mint – a system based on the Ubuntu LTS series – has been released. Version 21 is based on Ubuntu 22.04. Let’s see what’s new in it.
The Linux Mint distribution is based on Ubuntu. Its goal is to get even closer to the average user. It allows for maximum flexibility as well as installing a non-officially supported environment from the Ubuntu repositories. The distribution site is located at linuxmint.com and offer downloads of three versions with different working environments. They are Cinnamon, Mate and XFCE.
The installation of all three variants is basically the same. After creating the boot media, we start the distribution in live mode.
Here you can test whether everything is running and get a feel for the environment.
So, now we can start the installation. With minor exceptions, it is identical to the installation of Ubuntu family distributions. It consists of several screens.
- Selecting the language of the installed system – first screen. Here we select the language we prefer for the system.
- Keyboard layout settings – partially already defaulted according to the previous screen. We can edit.
- Installation of multimedia codecs – be sure to have them installed.
- Disk layout – we will determine the preferred layout. I personally recommend the manual one, which is under the Something else option. More on this topic in this article.
- Time zone and date – set as needed.
- User settings – choose a user name and password wisely.
After the installation is finished, we are prompted to restart. Overall very simple. In the case of installation on a separate computer, manageable even for an ordinary user.
Source: Pctuning – Všechen obsah by pctuning.cz.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Pctuning – Všechen obsah by pctuning.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!