The collaboration refers to the development of a Content Hub for the exchange of AI experiences, where The world’s leading researchers, policy makers, designers and companies share opinions on topics such as human-machine collaboration and diversity
AIX Exchange: The Future of AI and Human Experience, a multi-faceted digital report that includes in-depth interviews with leading experts in artificial intelligence, consumer advocacy, design and business, presented at CES® 2021, Dr. IP Park, President and Technical Director of LG Electronics (LG) and Jean-François Gagné, CEO of Element AI CEO. The AIX Exchange builds on the levels of the Artificial Intelligence Experience (AIX) framework launched at last year’s CES, which proposes jointly defining advances in consumer artificial intelligence while maintaining a focus on human-centered design.
The multimedia report explores AIX design on six key themes: public perception, ethics, transparency, user experience, context, and relationships. Each of these topics also has sub-topics that are interconnected, e.g. the importance of the user interface for building transparency and how a clear purpose for AI products can support end-user adoption. In order to ensure attractiveness for all stakeholders, there is also a section on understanding artificial intelligence that helps the public to follow some of the technical aspects of the discussion.
“We felt that a lot of different discussions were taking place between different stakeholders on multiple platforms, and we wanted to create an accessible way for the industry to explore these important topics in one place,” explains Dr. Park of LG. “This endeavor is not about answering questions, but about asking them on behalf of the end user. We hope that by raising the issues and opportunities provided by AI, we will better understand what is at stake and help shape the future through cooperation. “
This report comes at an important time for technology that is becoming more common in our homes, cars and pockets. McKinsey estimates that AI techniques have the potential to create value between $ 3.5 trillion and $ 5.8 trillion 1 on an annual basis, a PwC estimates that 30% of jobs are at potential risk from automation by the mid-2030s. 2
“The AIX Exchange was created to connect a wide range of expert perspectives on the future of artificial intelligence and its application to human life, such as home, car, work and public life,” Gagné said. “Many in the industry see the enormous potential of this technology, but also the danger and need to work together to shape and protect our future.”
The interviews were conducted and recorded through the Zoom platform between September and November 2020 and included interviews with:
- Joshua Bengio, scientific director of the Mila Institute and a recent Turing Award winner;
- Rodney Brooks, a robotics entrepreneur who founded iRobot Corp, the inventor of the Roomba robot vacuum;
- Dr. Christine J. Kolklou, creator of a global policy focused on workers’ rights and the impact of technology;
- David Foster, CEO of Lyft Transit, Bikes and Scooters;
- Dr. Yuko Harayama, who helped develop the Society 5.0 Plan of Japan as an executive member of the Japan Science, Technology and Innovation Council;
- Charlie Lee Izbel Jr., Dean of Computing at Georgia Tech University;
- Helen Leurent, CEO of Global Consumer Rights Group, Consumers International;
- Boom Peng, portfolio director at the renowned design agency IDEO;
- Jeff Pogie, co-CEO of the McIntosh Group;
- Sri Shivananda, Senior Vice President and CTO at PayPal;
- Dr. Max Welling, Vice President of Technology at Qualcomm in the Netherlands and President of Research for Machine Learning, University of Amsterdam
- Alex Zafiroglu, Deputy Director of the 3A Institute (3Ai, State University of Australia).
Interviews can be viewed or listened to through the AIX Exchange YouTube channel or through the report itself, which includes references to recent industry developments, an artificial intelligence history infographic, and an AI-generated conversational research report that uses natural language processing and deep learning to observe different ways in which stakeholder groups talk about artificial intelligence.
Clients and researchers are invited to visit www.AIXexchange.com to discover the perspective of AI experts and leaders in various fields such as design, anthropology, politics, consumer and employee representation.
Source: Personal magazin by www.personalmag.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Personal magazin by www.personalmag.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!