The congress of the American Hematology Association was held virtually last December in San Diego, United States. The opportunity to highlight advances in the treatment of chronic lymphoid leukemia.
Targeted therapies are in the process of replacing chemotherapy: this is the great information unveiled at the congress. Generally, at the end of a course of chemotherapy, 35% to 40% of patients see their level of cancer cells in the blood reduced to nothing. But with a treatment combining two targeted therapies, this rate then drops to 75%. The chances of success of the treatment are thus doubled. The expected benefits? The disappearance of the side effects of chemotherapy (hair loss, nausea, fatigue, etc.) and a certain effectiveness in both young and older patients with, in both cases, a longer life expectancy.
Subscribe to the Top Santé Newsletter to receive the latest news for free
*The article has been translated based on the content of Topsante.com by www.topsante.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!