Before going to the World Cup, the player of the Serbian football team, Andrija Živković, made the most ambitious statement in which he expects the “eagles” to achieve success like Greece, which won the European Championship in 2004.
– I remember how the Greeks experienced winning the European Championship in 2004. We have a similar mentality, but the euphoria would be even greater with us. We are a great group, we play great football and we deserve to be at the biggest show of world football. And while we’re there, let’s make a miracle, said Živković.
When asked what a miracle means to him, the Serbian representative was crystal clear.
– I mean the final. And let’s win, emphasized Andrija Živković.
On the other hand, national team member Stefan Mitrović pointed out that the most important thing is the atmosphere that the national team possesses.
– It is important to preserve the atmosphere that was the key to success in the past period, to be calm and to implement all the instructions we receive, said the experienced defender.
Everyone hoped that this year’s match with Brazil would not have any similarities with the one from the World Cup in Russia 2018. This is also confirmed by the statement of Marko Grujić, who believed that the circumstances are different now.
– As for Brazil, it will be a completely different game from the one we played at the World Cup in Russia. Now we are going to “hit” them full of motivation and strength, Grujić noted.
Unfortunately, the match with “carioca” ended with the same result, contrary to expectations. In the foreground this time were the referees and their treatment of the big stars owned by the Brazilian national team.
– I don’t think the referee did anything wrong that could affect the outcome of the match, but referees always protect players like Neymar and Vinicius. It’s the same when you play against Real or Barcelona, said national team member Nemanja Maksimović.
On the other hand, reserve player Darko Lazović said that Serbia did well in a way, conceding only two goals.
– After the first goal, we fell, we allowed them to take the initiative, we left a lot of space and they scored the second goal with their quality and strength. Maybe they could have beaten us more convincingly in the end. The regret remains, we could have played better, said Lazović.
Apparently, after the initial defeat, Mir returned to the national team, after all, Brazil is Brazil. “Eagles” were ready to make a good result against the next opponent – the national team of Cameroon.
– Nothing can disturb our peace. Since I’ve been here, there’s been a positive energy and you can see how much all the boys are committed to the result and that won’t disrupt anything, added Vanja Milinković-Savić.
The match ended in a draw. The Eagles had a two-goal advantage, i.e. the score was 2:1, but the counterattacks surprised our representatives and the result was 3:3. At that time, national team member Miloš Veljković explained that it is normal for his team to press, even though the coach stated the exact opposite.
– When you have the ball forward, in front of the opponent’s penalty area, when it is held by Sergej, Tadic, or Mitrović, then it is logical that we (from the defense) also move forward. Where do we stand, said Veljković.
There remains a match with Switzerland, also the team that triumphed over the Eagles at the World Cup in Russia 2018. And again the same situation, a decisive match with an old opponent. Judging by the statements, the passage was believed.
– Whoever goes out on the field will show the best. Everything still depends on us. When it was most needed, we were the real ones, in Portugal, in Norway. I believe in passing, I believe in myself, said Mitrović.
You know the result of this match, maybe it’s better not to remind you. On that occasion, the best goal scorer in the history of the national football team, Aleksandar Mitrović, made a statement with which we believe the majority of Serbian citizens identify.
– I don’t know what to say. It’s full of emotions. I and everyone in the locker room feel empty, Mitrović said.
Source: Dnevni list Danas by www.danas.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Dnevni list Danas by www.danas.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!