The disease of gout was known in the past as the disease of kings because it affected the wealthy people, and because gout is linked to the affluent life in which a person eats meat and alcohol daily in large quantities.
What is gout?
It is a disease that affects the joints of the body, especially the joints of the fingers and toes, as a result of an increase in uric acid In the blood, the deposition of uric acid crystals begins in the joints, causing severe pain, especially at night times (perhaps due to lack of water in a disease, which increases the deposition of crystals in the joint) and causes redness in the joint.
Uric acid crystals are deposited in the kidneys, causing kidney stones.
The cause of gout?
As we mentioned, the high increase of uric acid in the blood leads to the deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints, and the reason for the increase in uric acid in the blood has two main reasons:
- Significant increase in uric acid formation
- Decreased excretion of uric acid
Increase in uric acid
- Increase the intake of animal proteins such as meat, liver and seafood such as oysters, sardines and tuna.
- Alcohol and beer abuse.
- Eating sugars sweetened with fructose (fruit sugar)
- Taking medications such as blood pressure medications, especially diuretics, and taking aspirin.
Decreased excretion of uric acid
- Having kidney problems or kidney failure.
Diagnosis of gout
There must be pathological symptoms represented in joint pain, confirmed by an analysis that shows an increase in uric acid in the blood than normal rates (but the analysis alone without symptoms does not mean that the patient has gout), as well as residential (ordinary) x-rays or ultrasound or CT scans. .
Treatment (under the supervision of a doctor)
- Treating the symptoms of the disease using pain relievers (used when pain occurs).
- Treatment to reduce uric acid in the blood (the drug is continued for long periods).
- Drink more water constantly.
- Stop using alcohol or beer.
- Significantly reduce sweetened juices.
- Reduce drinking tea, coffee and cocoa to overlap.
- With uric acid lowering therapy drugs.
- Limit your intake of meat, liver, and seafood such as oysters, sardines, and tuna.
- Eat fruits, vegetables and milk (preferably skim).
- Do exercise and prefer to walk.
- Reduce weight if you are obese.
- For more click here.
Source: مصر فايف by misr5.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of مصر فايف by misr5.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!