– I believe that you cannot break the rules that can protect the health of the whole society. In my opinion, endangering the life or health of others is inappropriate, said former President Bronisław Komorowski, referring in Polsat News to the announcements of some entrepreneurs intending to resume operations against government bans.
Due to the coronavirus epidemic, the government of Mateusz Morawiecki extended the restrictions on civil rights and the possibility of running a business until January 31.
For fear of the impending bankruptcy, some entrepreneurs intend to resume operations, frozen or limited by the government. Representatives of the catering, hotel and fitness industries believe that the aid announced by the authorities from the Polish Development Fund is insufficient. The entrepreneurs also indicate that the aid will not cover all those affected by the restrictions introduced by the authorities.
President of PSL: To freeze the tourist industry in a sanitary regime
When asked in Polsat News whether it is possible for the Polish economy to suffer as little as possible, former president Bronisław Komorowski said that Poland would participate in the distribution of “the huge amount earmarked by the EU to support the economy, to overcome the epidemic crisis”.
– This is really a lot of money, so the government will have the financial resources – he added.
According to the former president, the source of the problem is not the lack of money, but “an irrational approach to the legal and organizational problem at the very beginning of the epidemic.”
– Let me remind you that at that time there were demands from the opposition that the government should take advantage of the existing laws on emergency states, consistent with the constitution, and introduce a state of defeat. Then, of course, there would be problems with the payment of compensation to entrepreneurs, but there would be no risk that the entrepreneurs would go to court against the Polish government. In my opinion, the second version, which is being implemented, poses a threat to the future for Polish finances, said Bronisław Komorowski.
The former president accused the government of committing an “error of arrogance”. – Those restaurateurs, those small entrepreneurs who hear about the introduced restrictions and feel them on their own skin, at the same time hear about excesses, such as the use of the slopes on an extraordinary basis by the sons of the former deputy prime minister in the PiS government, hear about all kinds of cases when ordinary Kowalski (…) at the same time, they create privileged solutions for themselves, create for themselves the possibility of circumventing, well, simply – non-compliance with the provisions – he stressed.
– And this, in my opinion, encourages some people, in addition to such a sense of economic threat, encourages some form of rebellion – he assessed.
– I believe that you cannot break the rules that can protect the health of the whole society. Exposing the life or health of others is, in my opinion, inappropriate, said the former president, adding that the government is largely responsible for the situation.
Source: https://www.rp.pl by www.rp.pl.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://www.rp.pl by www.rp.pl. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!