The Civic Coalition announced that it had submitted a motion for a vote of no confidence in the minister of education, Przemysław Czarnek.
Krystyna Szumilas, the head of the Ministry of Education in the government of the PO-PSL, informed about the submission of the application in the Sejm at a press conference.
– We appealed to the minister to reflect on his behavior. Over the last few days, parents, teachers, local government officials and students have protested. Everyone appealed to the minister to leave the school alone, to let it be a democratic, open school, a school where students, teachers and parents could express their opinions. A school whose shape would be decided by people who are close to the students – Szumilas said in the Sejm.
– The latest behavior of Minister Czarnek, for example today’s interview on one of the television stations, shows that Minister Czarnek does not want to listen to people’s voices, he does not want it to be open and democratic. It pushes the school into the channel of the school from the times of the Polish People’s Republic, in which one voice decides, the voice of the central authority, in which teachers are economists, continued the member of the Civic Coalition, referring to the draft amendments to the law developed by the Ministry of Education, which provides that curators appointed by they could dismiss school heads.
.@kr_szumilas: The Civic Coalition Club has filed a motion to dismiss Minister Czarnek. In recent days, all the protesters have appealed to him to leave the school alone, to let it be a democratic and open school. pic.twitter.com/gRbNR02JcL– PlatformaObywatelska (@Platforma_org) June 23, 2021
– What Minister Czarnek is doing is supposed to have a chilling effect, telling teachers not to dare to make their own decisions – added Szumilas.
– Minister Czarnek is a bad and harmful minister, full of contempt and aggression – Barbara Nowacka echoed her.
– Polish youth deserves respect, no matter what their values are. Mr. Czarnek only offers them aggression and contempt. Mr. Czarnek also affects the autonomy of schools – she added, accusing the changes in the law prepared by the Ministry of Education that they confuse “educational law with criminal law”.
– Mr. Czarnek introduces obligatory love for one party and contempt for all the rest – criticized the MP.
– PiS chose the arrogant minister – she added.
– Minister Czarnek wants to take us back to the times of obscurantism, intolerance, times when human rights were not taken into account, said Rafał Grupiński from the PO.
Source: https://www.rp.pl by www.rp.pl.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://www.rp.pl by www.rp.pl. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!