Alphanumeric keypad for PIN access
FIPS 140-3 Level 3 certification (in process)
OS and device independent
Multiple PIN option (admin and user)
Kingston Digital Europe Co LLPwhich deals with the production of flash memory within the company Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in the production of memory products and technology solutions, today announced the exit Kingston IronKey™ Keypad 200 (KP200)the first drive in the industry to come with the latest FIPS 140-3 Level 3 encryption for your data.
IronKey™ Keypad 200 it’s built with complex security and flexibility of use in mind — it offers XTS-AES 256-bit hardware encryption on an OS-independent alphanumeric keyboard. The KP200 includes a built-in rechargeable battery, so users can unlock the drive using the keypad for easy PIN access, without using software. Once unlocked, users can access their data by plugging the drive into any device that supports the USB Type-A interface, making it a plug-and-play device in all IT ecosystems.
The KP200 is FIPS-140-3 Level 3 (in process) certified for military-grade security, and the drive’s power leads are coated with solid epoxy to achieve tamper protection and prevent undamaged access to its internal components. For an added level of protection, the keyboard is coated with a protective polymer layer to prevent the analysis of fingerprints on the keyboard.
The KP200 supports the multiple PIN option, allowing the use of separate administrator or user PINs. The KP200 locks the user PIN after ten failed login attempts, but if both PINs are enabled, the administrator PIN can be used to re-establish the user PIN and access the drive. If the administrator PIN itself is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the built-in Brute Force attack protection will erase the disk, that is, permanently destroy the data and reset the device. Additionally, the KP200 can protect against untrusted malware with two different read-only modes, allowing the administrator to write-protect the drive during a specific session or globally across all user sessions.
“The Kingston IronKey KP200 is the first drive to successfully pass NIST’s latest FIPS 140-3 Level 3 military-grade security certification lab,” said Oscar Escayola Kaloudis, EMEA Flash Business Manager, Kingston. “No software required and the keyboard’s ease of use make the KP200 the best solution for those looking for flexibility while maintaining the highest level of security for storing sensitive data on the go.”
KP200 adds security enhancements for FIPS 140-3 Level 3:
- The minimum length of the PIN should be from 7 to 8 characters (the maximum is 15) for greater security of the PIN
- There is no company pre-set PIN – the user must set a PIN on first use
- Periodic self-test to ensure fully functional security codes – KP200 will shut down if a problem is detected
- Automatic shutdown in conditions of excessive temperature and voltage
- Improved random number generator to strengthen key generation for ciphers
The Kingston IronKey Keypad 200 has available storage capacities ranging from 8GB – 128GB and is backed by a three-year limited warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit kingston.com.
|Kingston IronKey Keypad 200|
|IKKP200/8GB||8GB IronKey Keypad 200|
|IKKP200/16GB||16GB IronKey Keypad 200|
|IKKP200/32GB||32GB IronKey Keypad 200|
|IKKP200/64GB||64GB IronKey Keypad 200|
|IKKP200/128GB||128GB IronKey Keypad 200|
Kingston IronKey Keypad 200 karakteristike i specifications:
- FIPS 140-3 Level 3 certificate (in progress): KP200 now meets the new FIPS 140-3 Level 3 military security specifications published by NIST; it has completed certification laboratory testing and is in the review cycle for final approval by NIST. This is an enhanced version of the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 specification that further improves the security capabilities of the drive and its resistance to unauthorized use. It includes XTS-AES 256-bit encryption along with Brute Force and BadUSB attack protection with digitally signed firmware. Its circuit is covered with a layer of special epoxy that makes removing the components practically impossible without damaging them; this tough epoxy stops attacks on semiconductor components.
- OS and device independent: with the KP200 using a rechargeable battery, the keyboard can be used to unlock the drive without using software, and then plug it into any system that supports USB Type-A storage devices. This gives users the most flexibility on different types of operating systems and platforms.
- Multiple PIN option: Users have the option to set user mode or admin/user mode. Administrator mode can be used to recover the user’s PIN and allow access to the drive in case the user’s PIN is forgotten or if the drive is locked after the maximum number of 10 user login attempts has been reached.
- Read-only global and session mode (write-protected): both administrator and user can set session-based read-only mode to protect the drive from malware on untrusted builds. An administrator can also set Global read-only mode which places the drive in read-only mode until reset.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1
- CAPACITy1: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Connection: Type-A
USB 3.2 Gen 1
8GB –128GB: 145MB/s read, 115MB/s write
8GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
16GB – 128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimen(disc with cover): 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm
- Dimen(disc without cover): 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Water/dust resistance3: IP57 certificate
- Working temperature: 0°C do 50°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C do 60°C
- Compatibility: USB 3.0/USB 3.1/USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Minimgeneral composition requirements: USB 3.0 i0 compatible
- Warranty/Support: three-year warranty, free technical support
- Compatible with: OS independent: Microsoft Windows®macOS®Linux®Chrome OS™, Android™4 or any composition that supports a USB protection device.
Kingston® The IronKey™ Keypad 200 incorporates DataLock® Secured technology licensed by ClevX, LLC into its product.
1 Part of the specified capacity on the flash drive for protection is used for formatting and other functions and is therefore not available for data storage. As such, the actual available storage capacity is less than what is stated on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s flash memory guide.
2 Speed may vary depending on hardware, software and host usage.
3 The product must be clean and dry before use.
4 Compatible compositions.
Kingston you can find at:
O Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP
Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP i Kingston Technology Company, Inc., deo su iste korporativne grupe
(“Kingston”). Kingston is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. From the big ones
data, laptops and PCs, through IoT-based devices such as smart and wearable technology,
to design and contract manufacturing, Kingston helps deliver solutions used for life, work
and the game. The world’s largest computer manufacturers and cloud hosting companies depend on Kingston in
regarding its production needs, and our passion for technology drives the devices used
daily around the world. We strive to look at the bigger picture beyond our products and to satisfy
needs of our customers, offering them solutions that make a difference. To find out more about what Kingston is like
With you, visit Kingston.com.
was last modified: by
Source: ITNetwork by www.itnetwork.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ITNetwork by www.itnetwork.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!